nasa commercial model kits

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by The Hermit, Jan 19, 2009.

1. The Hermit

The Hermit Member

any one know of any major commercial kits of nasa gemini apollo?

like gpm modelik fly model?

im trying to find some prof printed kits

thanks guys and gals :rolleyes:
  2. knife

knife Member

3. sakrison

sakrison Member

Carl Hewlett(?) put out a detailed 1/32 scale Apollo Command Module kit in 2007. It was a free download but I can't find a source anywhere in the file, and I'm sure that it is kosher for me to share it without the author's permission. (It was a free download.)

It is very detailed and not for the beginner or the faint-of-heart.

Can anyone come up with the source?
  4. eumenidesofhades

eumenidesofhades New Member

5. dhanners

dhanners Member

Here's the URL for Carl's (Surfduke) site: Port/

He has some really nice models there, but no instructions. By and large, it's ok because the parts are fairly self-explanatory. The rear part where the SPS nozzle attaches can be a bear, but if you take it slowly, you'll figure it out.

As for the Delta 7 Studios stuff, I can attest they offer some pretty good stuff. The CDs cost, but you get a lot for the money, the quality is excellent and the instructions are clear, expansive and well-illustrated.

Here are photos of my build of Carl's CSM and D7S's Gemini VII models. On the CSM, I used a couple of different types of metallic paper. I built Apollo 7 (which saved me the hassle of building the docking probe and the High-Gain Antenna) and I was generally pleased with Carl's design.

On Gemini VII, I added some 3D detail to the nose, capsule and rear modules, and used gold foils for the rear insulation.

Attached Files:

6. sakrison

sakrison Member

Nice work, David!
  7. The Hermit

The Hermit Member

the toner at work is low 8(

i need commercial kits till they refill it
  8. dhanners

dhanners Member

Oops. I read right over that part of your post. The Delta 7 Studios stuff comes on a CD, which you then print out as needed. So I'm not sure what to tell you....
  9. knife

knife Member

Office Depot or Office Max should be able to print up any file onto cardstock for a reasonable fee. Also, has lots of great downloads.
  10. David H

David H Member

Yeah but the copy shop charges! (Hee hee)