Nasa 3d digital models

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Zathros, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Zathros

Zathros Guest

2. site, it's going to take a while to explore all these, thanks foe the heads up.
  3. Fin

Fin New Member

Great link, Zathros. I found the Cassini file a few months ago, but never realized there were more (maybe NASA was doing its regular site shuffle at the time). There are two Cassini files, both 3ds format, and I'm currently trying to conquer the basics of Blender in order to mine the file for parts and size information.

Thanks for posting the link - there are lots of other goodies there too, that others may be interested in.
  4. RocketmanTan

RocketmanTan Well-Known Member

Wow...I shall make sweet love to this gallery, and I'll have no regrets :mrgreen:
    Thanks for sharing this!
  5. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Thank you and yes, NASA does do a site shuffle and sometimes I have no idea where to find things I once saw. Now, I see it, I download it, if I remotely think I may want it sometimes in the future. Who knows, someday, they may not even have this stuff up with all the budget cuts and they will "accidentally" erase them.
  6. Fin

Fin New Member

That's exactly my fear. Even if they wish to archive the files, archiving itself has an administrative and hardware cost - and an upkeep cost - and it's quite possible that the budget to do that could be eliminated. So, I'm downloading every file on the page and tucking them away for potential future reference.