Name that Layout

shadow

Dec 31, 2006
you mean mauve color hey ever seen the insides of a watermoccasin snake down in La. way >purple< color :D
I guess i'm gonna like it in the future what a pain to get this thing up and running 17 feet long so far see photos

Attachments

• MVC-013F.JPG
    MVC-013F.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 100
  • MVC-015F.JPG
    MVC-015F.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 99

wdsrwg

Jan 29, 2006
Hill Country of Western Wisconsin
Shadow,
Do you have a diagram for the layout?
Looks like you have your work cut-out!
:D
The helix is going to look great and.......
I sure am glad your doing it!
:D
Combat, I didn't even know there were pix on the web of it.
Rock Springs as I say is a tiny little place surrounded by
mountainous cliffs. Kinda looks like a place in Idaho right
here in the upper midwest.

Gotta finish wiring and track adjustment so, see you all later!
:wave:

Russell

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
wdsrwg said:
Shadow,
Do you have a diagram for the layout?

Here you go. :)

1untitled.bmp

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
Thanks!

In other news can someone look at this and tell me if they see any reversing loops. I think I see one. Can someone tell me before I lay all this track and then have to redo it???
redface2.gif

Thanks for the help!!
thumbsup.gif
1untitled.bmp

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
You don't have to re-do it if there is a reversing loop, you can wire it speacially and I heard that it is not hard to do. I was told to look at the ATLAS wireing book for help on doing it. :thumb: :thumb:

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
I think you still have to isolate that part and that means removing the rail joiners and replacing them with the plastic insulators. To do that I have to remove part of the track. I hate doing things twice.

AlienKing

Apr 19, 2006
COMBAT said:
Sooo.... anyone else want to confirm or deny for me there is a reversing loop on this layout??? THANKS!! :)

You only have one small section that will create a reverse loop. Its the pink colored section.

You layout's looking great!

You may want to cut a popup under the helix incase you have a derailment inside. It would be pretty hard trying to fix that going through the tunnel portals.

Attachments

• reverse.PNG
    reverse.PNG
    41 KB · Views: 78

shadow

Dec 31, 2006
You have one reverse loop from the yard road tracK to the ship yard tracks LIFT BRIDGE WALK THROUGH AREA only. You can fix it by changing the direction of track to the right and save $35.00 on reversing electrnics.
icon3.gif

shadow

Dec 31, 2006
There Will Be A Mountain Above The Helix With A Hole In The Bottom Of Table In Center Of Helix.

The Mid Way Point Will Have A Open Track On The Side Of The Mountain Above The Double Track Opening Also.

I Like Large Type Not Yelling Got Diabetes Easier To Read, Take No Offense.

shadow

Dec 31, 2006
HEY ALIENKING DO YOU THINK THE PINK AREA TO THE WALK THROUGH BRIDGE IS A REVERSE LOP ALSO
icon5.gif
YES - NO
icon5.gif

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
I agree with Alien King.... That is the ONLY area I can find that is a reversing loop. Other then that everything else is ok?????

There will be an open area under the helix. We will be able to enter the mountain from under it to clean the track..... fix a car derailment ect. :)

Thanks for the kinds words. I am hoping to get that section done this coming weekend, if all goes well. :)

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
:wave: Its been a long while since I have posted anything in this thread. I have been so busy that I havent had time. Here is some progress of things that have been worked on.

Remember that we talked about a drop down or flip up walk through area? Well here is some of the work that has been done on that project. The picture is terrible and it is not complete, but it works as designed and with some fine-tuning it will be flawless!
MVC-005F.JPG

This is some dummy freight posed for the pic. :)
MVC-002F.JPG

MVC-009F.JPG

MVC-010F.JPG

MVC-012F.JPG

Some bridges to be used in another area.
MVC-008F.JPG

Some of you may remember I was working on a engine house. You can see it in the background in its roughed out location.
MVC-006F.JPG

Some track that has yet to be nailed! :)
MVC-015F.JPG

See ya next time! :wave:

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
Thanks, my partner, AKA shadow, Dad is not the cleanest worker. He drives me nuts at times with it actualy. I am hoping to get a lot done this coming weekend. We had to change a few things on the orginal plan to accomadate some container cars. The height was more then I expected. :(

I will post more pictures as we go. The funny thing about our orignal plan was we have already expanded it. You know what they say, PLAN FOR EXPANSION! :)

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
Those are some cool bridges you got there and they look REALLY nice. Ilike the truss bridge and highway bridges and how they are right next to each other. And that long truss bridge looks cool to. Let's see that one in it's final resting place!!

Nice spot for the engine shop to :thumb: :thumb:

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
If you liked those then you just might LOVE this one. It needs to go to paint for a few things but its nearing completion. :)
WIDE%20SPAN.jpg

LONG.jpg

CLOSE.jpg

ENJOY! :)