Namaste all

Keptin Barnes

Apr 5, 2010
As the title says: "Namaste all".
Namaste is an Eastern greeting and means "The Divine within me perceives and adores the Divine within you. We are One."

It is a standard greeting.

I am new here, and I'm starting to try my hand at building paper models. There may be one or two people who know me from Starship Modeler and seen my plastic and resin builds there.

I have just moved to Hawaii, and had to leave my studio and supplies back on the mainland.
So I thought I would start with a new sci-fi model kit; card stock.
I am also going to be painting minis as well.
Both relatively new for me.
I used to paint figures back when they used to be made of lead. The early years.
I dabbled occasionally with them but didn't focus on them as much as space vehicle kits.

And I have never built a card stock model. So this will definitely be a new thing for me.

I am a big TOS BSG fan, and my first model will be Gearz' Galactica. I plan to start that tomorrow. At least spraying it with a Matte finish to protect it from humidity and excess glue. ;)

I look forward to chatting with you here, and learning new things. Plus displaying my finished builds. :thumb:

Cheers. aussie

g00se

Oct 10, 2009
Greetings --I'm new here too :) and looking forward to seeing your build pictures.
...there are lot of great examples posted here ---I'm having a tough time choosing what to build --think something space related would be fun for a first time builder..

Keptin Barnes

Apr 5, 2010
Thanks guys. I look forward to showing my builds.
I have started on the build and have taken some 'In progress' shots. I just need to upload them from my camera to my Photobucket site.

It turns out, however, that i don't have all of the parts for the Battlestar kit as I thought I did.
So this will be a kitbash of that cardstock model. :thumb:

Cheers aussie

SSanatobaJR

Apr 11, 2010
Colorado, USA
Howdy. I'm new here as well. I've worked on simple card models before, but never ones as complex as what you see on sites like Paragon and such. So this is a little new to me too. But I'm hoping I'll catch on fast and have a good time with it. Hope you do too. Looking forward to seeing your models. :thumb: