Nakajima's Epson sponsored NSX 1:24 scale

Discussion in 'Commercial & Civilian Vehicles' started by rickstef, Apr 26, 2004.

1. rowiac

rowiac Member

One of these days I'm going to have to build one of these. I printed the 2004 a while ago on glossy paper and it looks almost too cool to cut up!

2. rickstef

rickstef Guest

I agree, they are works of art, but they do beg to be built

I printed the 2005 version and reprinted the 2004 version on 38# glossy photo paper from Epson on an HP printer, the body panels just look like freshly painted sheet metal

3. Corporal_Trim

Corporal_Trim Member

Oooh, nice. 8) Thanks for posting those new cars, Rick.
  4. rowiac

rowiac Member

I printed the 2005 on the HP color laser at work, but the glossy inkjet print is definitely the way to go. For the 2004 version I used the same type paper as you on my Canon printer.

As you no doubt noticed, all that excellent artwork is done in vector graphics. That's something for me to try to aspire to in my designs.

5. rickstef

rickstef Guest

yeah, I am impressed with the detail and brightness of the print even on plain paper

I have been always impressed with your USCG repaint of the HEMS Dolphin, on par with Dr. Zarkov.

I need to clear off my build list and start back up with those NSX cars, they are too good not to build

6. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Hi all,

new file, on the same site as above, and this time it is the 2005 race babes.

7. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

Thanks for keeping us updated Rick.
  8. rickstef

rickstef Guest

9. rickstef

rickstef Guest

happy happy joy joy
    (oh sorry channeling Ren and Stimpy)

the tractor, a Cab over Engine Hino, has been released on the usual site

they also recently added a new tire set too.

Now I will need to build a truck and race car team

10. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

I know Rick has all rights to throw me off this site for this but.

Im not into cars or racing but man...what a set of models....these are amazing...

Sorry Rick :shock:

John John
  11. rickstef

rickstef Guest

John John,

I am not a big boat guy myself, but i still stand in awe of all you guys' dinghies :p

12. Prowler901

Prowler901 Member

AWESOME! I've been waiting for this one. I was just looking there again last week. Thanks for posting this Rick.

This is a great collection of kits :D

13. rowiac

rowiac Member

I'm so happy I can hardly contain myself! (another Stimpy-ism)

I've been waiting for this one too. Thanks for letting us know about it Rick.

14. rickstef

rickstef Guest

btw, designers,

if you ever want to do cartoon characters, Ren and Stimpy would be much appreciated

15. CharlieB

CharlieB Member

I tried downloading the trailer and tractor for ther Epson Racing Team and I only got the how-to sheets.

What am I doing wrong?

16. rickstef

rickstef Guest

there is a second blue bar under the how tos

those are the files of the models

17. rickstef

rickstef Guest

I was saying to myself

how about adapting the easy versions of the NSX race cars for bodies for an RC platform?
    just a thought, maybe one of our RC savvy members could fill me in

My reason for suggesting this, is the various bit-char-grs or zip-zaps you can buy at toy stores.
    there was a small burst of making paper bodies and sites featuring models, and how tos.

Let me know, I am just curious, not neccessarily going that route

18. CharlieB

CharlieB Member

I need some help!

I started working on the Nakajima Transporter Tractor and put the front half of the cab together without too many problems. Is there a good way to attach the back of the cab? I tried starting by gluing at the roof, but there isn't enough to hold onto while I try and get the entire back aligned.

Also with the roof spoiler, does parts 12L and R get glued under parts 11L and R?

Finally do parts 15L and R get folder and glued to form a step?

All help will be appreciated.

19. Kraftman

Kraftman New Member

To Rickstef THANKS for great link! Yamaha have cool papermodel section too.

Love the car, hate there prtnter.