N track code 80 help

zener

Apr 16, 2008
Austin, TX
What manufacturer choices do I have for n scale code 80? I'm also trying to figure out where I can pick up #4 and #5 remote dcc friendly code 80 turnouts as well. Also, I'm looking at track only, no uni-track

Those I know of:
Atlas, #6 remote turnouts
Peco, #4 turnouts

I know Kato and Roco make n track, but have no idea what code it is. Is there a default code for n code if not specified?

Squidbait

Recovering ALCO-holic
Jan 27, 2007
Paris, ON
I'm not familiar with the Tomix stuff, but what with you being in Texas, and it being in Japan, I think availability might be an issue.

Most people use Atlas and Peco track for code 80. The Peco turnouts tend to be better IMHO than the Atlas, and the flex is a little nicer too, but it's more expensive.

BobGui

Mar 3, 2008
Calgary Alberta
Myself.. As a new guy to the hobby I am finding that Atlas products are readily available and have had no problems with DCC. Also there are more than 1 option for turnouts from Atlas now.

I have had to shim the turnouts along the guide rail and deepen the frog on a couple of them to allow for the cookie cutters on an older loco that I use but from what I have read, you may have some issues regardless of the manufacturer.

Mostly it will depend on whats available and what you prefer.