N to HO scale ratio ?

fran1942

Apr 16, 2005
Hello, I need to convert a structure from HO to N scale.
Can someone please tell me the ratio or percentage adjustment I will need to make to my plans.
Thank you.

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Ho scale is 1/87, n scale is 1/160 so it is just slightly less than 1/2 of ho. If you double the size of the n scale structure you will be close. Do you have n scale plans? If you do get a scale rule from your local hobby shop or order on line. Scale rules generally have measurements in ho, n, s, and o scales. Measure your plans with the n scale rule and it will translate into feet and inches. Take the same feet and inches measurement on the ho scale rule and you can make ho scale plans.

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
60103 said:
The ratio is 87/160 or 54.375% (if you use a photo reduction).
Thanks, I didn't think to express it as a ratio. I also misread his original post. For some reason, I got it in my head that he wanted to take n scale plans and convert them to ho.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Russ Bellinis said:
Thanks, I didn't think to express it as a ratio. I also misread his original post. For some reason, I got it in my head that he wanted to take n scale plans and convert them to ho.

The title of the thread asks for N to HO, but the post asks for HO to N... Either way, now we're covered... ;) :D :thumb:

Andrew