N Scale Vehicles

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
Before I go out and spend money on things that aren't exactly right or to scale...(like I normally do)...I thought I'd ask what cars/tractor trailor rigs/etc vehicles in N scale are worth the money. I'm modeling the present era and would like vehicles that are found on the road today. I'd like vehicles that are well made and well designed.

Any websites/links and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
Athern, and Con cor, make lovly trucks and trailers cars ect, it payes to look around a bit before you spend the bucks, ebay might be a place to start...have a good one..steve

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Looking through the magazine ads, web sites and various catalogs like Walthers and a mulitude of train shows,, I have found little up to date or current vintage N scale cars and trucks. Plenty from the 50's though. I keep looking since my layout is also "today", and you should be able to find any kind of vehicle on it without era conflicts. :D

Around a year or so ago, someone suggested that there were a line of Speedeez cars and trucks that were "almost" N scale and there were a large assortment of these available at places like Wal Mart at around fifty cents each. I bought quite a few, cars, station wagons, SUV's, trucks of all sorts, rescue vehicles, construction equipment and even a helicopter. I figured they were about 150th scale, close but not really that great when placed near other vehicles and buildings. I picked out some that would work, like the construction equipment, helicopter, fire engines and some trucks, the rest I think I'll give to the grandkids to play with.:cry: A pity because there are some really neat vehicles there that you would see on the road today and the details aren't that bad either.:rolleyes:

2slim

Jan 16, 2004
Murray, UT
Visit site
Don
Have you seen the offerings from Line Side Models? They are cast resin vehicles but seemed to me to have a pretty good selection of newer, (not brand new) cars and trucks. Some times ebay has some newer resin cars and trucks offered by a user named savonart.
Also do a search for a fellow named Noel Arnold (not on ebay) he has quite an collection of out of production N scale items. He is a little hard to contact but thus far has had everything I've inquired about.
2slim

2slim

Jan 16, 2004
Murray, UT
Visit site
Herc,
I got one of their camper conversion outfits, kind of a motor home with a pickup cab on front. the wheels were a bit tricky. I used a toothpick as a small paint applicator. Still takes a steady hand but not impossable. Don't know why but kids seem to do well with N scale detailing, had a friends teenage daughter detail a bunch for me, she had trim and even doorlocks painted on. Hurt my eyes just to look at them!!

2slim