N Scale tug boat

DavidB-AU

Feb 26, 2006
Have a look at the Sylvan Scale Models range. They make [FONT=arial, helvetica]kits of [/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]Great Lakes ships in HO and N.

Cheers
David
[/FONT]

NH 2525

Jan 12, 2006
I think either Revell or one of the non model railroad companies makes a 4 pack of boats, including a push boat, a tug and a fire boat. They are 144 scale, as I recall, but would be a great place to start for a good kitbash effort. You can find these in many hobby shops.

Eric

Mar 25, 2005
Netherlands
Thanks guys. We really want a modern River push boat. That let's the Sylvan models out. I think the pack of four was made by Lindberg, but haven't been able to find them. I've got an HO model so I guess it'll have to be a scratch-built copy.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
I have one of the HO "friendship sloop" kits, and it is an excellent representation of the type. I have also seen the HO tug finished, and it looks great. The only caveat is, these are not "shake and bake" kits. Take your time, and you'll have a good lookin addition to your waterfront.
Pete

Mar 25, 2005
Netherlands
I ordered one from Bluejacket. They confirmed the order by e-mail stating that it would take several weeks to arrive. It came today. I wish that all suppliers were that good.