N Scale Structure Kits

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by jland31, May 30, 2002.

1. jland31

jland31 Member

Can you xperts help me?
    Modeling a 1980's N Scale layout featuring Burlington Northern.
    I would prefer high quality, high detail structure kits for that era. I'm thinking along the lines of Blair Line & DPM Gold. The offering of these two lines is limited however.
    It seems that HO has plenty of this type structure but N is limited.
    Where shud I look?
  2. rich maiorano

rich maiorano Member

each one of those co.s make great kits that i have seen got one of dpm reg. kits yesterday cant wait to put it together
  3. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

American Model Builders (Laser kits) and Walthers come to mind. Micro Engineering if you can afford em'.
  4. jland31

jland31 Member

Clarification

I just re-read my post & mebee need to clear up what help I could use.
    Would like the names of manufacturers who make high quality, high detail N Scale kits for the pre 1980 era. Similiar to Blair Line.
  5. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

What type of structures are you wanting?
    Industrial, residential, business, RR, rural...?
  6. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Everyone mentioned so far in this thread has pre- 1980's.
  7. jland31

jland31 Member

Type of structures

Hey Charlie & others:
    Thanx for the input. What i'm lookin' for is rural, smallbusiness, residential & light industry ie, sawmill, rock crusher mill,passenger depot & assorted trackside structures etc.
    It's all going on a 4'6"x8' N scale layout.
    I've seen some HO structure kits with knockout detail & super quality. But can't find the same in N. Probably because I don't know where to look.
  8. roryglasgow

roryglasgow Active Member

A good place to start might be www.walthers.com. They are a distributor, and their website has a search function that lets you look up items by scale, type, manufacturer and/or keyword. When I got back into the hobby a couple of years ago, I found the site very useful for getting an idea of what kits were available.

You'll find better prices for the items at other stores/sites, but Walthers carries a lot of hard-to-find items.