N scale stop lights

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by ezdays, Feb 8, 2006.

1. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Anyone know of a source for either hanging or pole-mounted red/yellow/green street stoplights? Just came back from my LHS and couldn't find them in any scale.

I got a corner on my layout that is getting dangerous and I need some traffic control there. :D:rolleyes:
  2. Wyomingite

Wyomingite Member

Hi Don,

Don I think you will find them in the Walthers catalog and if you don't have one check there website.

3. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Thanks Ron, all I have is their monthy sales catalog. I'll check the website. :wave:
  4. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

5. Papa Bear

Papa Bear Member

6. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Thanks guys, I'm not sure I'm ready to scratch-build any (bigpond) yet, but it's really hard to turn away from anyone that makes anything called, "EZ-line" (birkshire):thumb:. Man, I love those working lights, but they get a bit pricy.:rolleyes: Walther's seems to be out of stock on most of their traffic signals, non-working lights are about $9 a set. I can see the labor in the working sets making them as high as they are though.:D:D
  7. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

I have a couple of the N scale working traffic lights from Life-Like. They seemed a little oversized for N, but maybe just right for HO. They're just sitting in a parts drawer right now.
    I saw the Bershire lights at the show in Springfield Mass. They are pricey, but work and look nice.
  8. Sonny

Sonny New Member

traffic lights

Model Power makes several types.
  9. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Thanks, I ordered the only thing that Walther's had is stock, Neils 'painted traffic lights'. I wasn't that impressed by the pictures, but let's see what they look like when they get here.:rolleyes: I did a search on Model Power's web site, and it turned up nothing. If you had a part number or a dealer that carried it, that would help.:)

Oh yeah, and welcome to the Gauge....:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
  10. Sonny

Sonny New Member

Maybe they are out of production, but occasionly you can find a couple in hobby shops.
  11. You might try here - http://www.berkshirejunction.com I bought their HO gauge three way overhead with the controller but have yet to install it. The price wasn't too bad ! Of course one must set his priorities !sign1 Joe
  12. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Thanks, Papa Bear suggested the same thing. I thought it was kinda pricy for what it did, but I'm sure they aren't that easy to build in N scale. I would think that the lighted ones would have to be a bit oversized to accomodate the lights and wires.

I just got my Walther's order in. I got six stoplights, two each in three different pole configurations. That makes them a bit easier to take at about $1.25 each. No, they don't work, but I doubt that my LPBs will notice.:D :D I'll work with these for a while until I get the urge to have working lights.

Thanks all for your help.:wave: