N scale stop lights

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Anyone know of a source for either hanging or pole-mounted red/yellow/green street stoplights? Just came back from my LHS and couldn't find them in any scale.

I got a corner on my layout that is getting dangerous and I need some traffic control there. :D:rolleyes:

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Thanks guys, I'm not sure I'm ready to scratch-build any (bigpond) yet, but it's really hard to turn away from anyone that makes anything called, "EZ-line" (birkshire):thumb:. Man, I love those working lights, but they get a bit pricy.:rolleyes: Walther's seems to be out of stock on most of their traffic signals, non-working lights are about $9 a set. I can see the labor in the working sets making them as high as they are though.:D:D

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
I have a couple of the N scale working traffic lights from Life-Like. They seemed a little oversized for N, but maybe just right for HO. They're just sitting in a parts drawer right now.
I saw the Bershire lights at the show in Springfield Mass. They are pricey, but work and look nice.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Sonny said:
Model Power makes several types.
Thanks, I ordered the only thing that Walther's had is stock, Neils 'painted traffic lights'. I wasn't that impressed by the pictures, but let's see what they look like when they get here.:rolleyes: I did a search on Model Power's web site, and it turned up nothing. If you had a part number or a dealer that carried it, that would help.:)

Oh yeah, and welcome to the Gauge....:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
straight-track said:
You might try here - http://www.berkshirejunction.com I bought their HO gauge three way overhead with the controller but have yet to install it. The price wasn't too bad ! Of course one must set his priorities !sign1 Joe
Thanks, Papa Bear suggested the same thing. I thought it was kinda pricy for what it did, but I'm sure they aren't that easy to build in N scale. I would think that the lighted ones would have to be a bit oversized to accomodate the lights and wires.

I just got my Walther's order in. I got six stoplights, two each in three different pole configurations. That makes them a bit easier to take at about $1.25 each. No, they don't work, but I doubt that my LPBs will notice.:D :D I'll work with these for a while until I get the urge to have working lights.

Thanks all for your help.:wave: