N-scale sound has arrived

MarcO

Ive just been playing with my new Precision Craft Models EMD E7 with Loksounds factory installed. I can say that it blows away the competiton on N-Scale sound. Too bad I model modern era and PCM only has older stuff so far. I paid way below retail for it but Id pay the $200 retail each to replace my fleet

I have an Intermountain SD40T-2 Tunnel with the MCR1636 installed
I have 2 Kato AC4400 with the MCR1644s installed. These can not be compared to the PCM. I think ive bought my last non-sound loco.

By the fall every loco will come preconfigured with sound. Seems if its engineered-in you can get much better quality.

My 2cents. Your thought?

every locomotive....as in PCM or every new locomotive for every manufacturer? I have yet to mess with sound. Im not a big fan of it...yet. Probably because i dont have a layout. But from what ive heard, sounds great

Herc Driver

Interesting you started this thread as my LHS just received a PCM E7 in Southern Pacific colors, which isn't a RR that I normally would run, but the diesel is at a great price. I don't have any way to get the sound out of the little guy yet, but when I finally go DCC that will change. How does it run?

MarcO

Sam and Herc:

Its my opinion that every loco on the drawing board today from every quality line mfg'er is being drawn with DCC std, and Sound and DC as options.

My PCM runs great, as smooth as my Katos but it needs some more programming on the speed curves before I can call it the best all around ( its sound is the best by far though )

The brake squeal is truely amazing compared to my MRC/Kato stuff.