N Scale Questions

MSP Tuner

Apr 19, 2004
New York City
Visit site
I'm going to be a two scale person (Z scale, N scale). I just need info on what are some good N scale company. I want to know what is recommend for Track. I know that MTL couplers are HIGHLY recommend. What track can the MTL couplers work on?

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Hi MSP I use Atlas track, not the skimpy code55 though. In the past I tried Peco track and while there is nothing wrong with it I just prefer Atlas. Couplers will work on all track as long as it is properly laid.

Will_annand

Jan 12, 2004
Huntsville, Ontario
www.muskokacomputes.com
I too use Atlas track, but NOT the code 55.

Robin and I think alike.

I prefer Peco switches though, they seem to click into place.
That being said, I only have 1 out of the 33 I have for my layout. (it was a second hand "bargain" purchase).

I have heard "MicroTrain" is the better couplers.

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
I have been using code 80 in my HOn30 ventures. The flextrack is a dream to work with and the turnouts seem to be very high quality. Most of all, the price is easily half what you'll pay for others. I did try code 50, which looked great, and my minitrix bounced ahppily across the ties like it was a gravel road :D I think it would be OK with most newer stuff, but I just switched to 80.

Also, when discussing name brands, some brands that have bad reps in HO have very good reps in N, so don't listen to us HO guys :D :D :D You may hear terms like buttman, or deathlike, which do not apply to N.

BTW: A&JRR, welcome tothe-gauge, I'm in Lafayette.