N Scale Police Car

upguy

Oregon Western Lines, CEO
I thought that you folks might be interested in seeing a picture of an Oregon State Police car that I painted. It was a hastily done project, but it doesn't look too bad from a distance. Next time I will probably fire up the air brush to do the painting.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• mvc-187s.jpg
    mvc-187s.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 176

absnut

Looks great, UPGuy! Did you do the "State Police" one letter at a time or did you find some "State Police" decals?

Dick

upguy

Wouldn't you know it! I posted the wrong picture!:eek:

Dick,

I used a Micro Scale emergency vehicle decal set. (with some minor alterations to get them as close to the OSP look as possible)

This is the picture that I intended to post.

Attachments

• mvc-217s.jpg
    mvc-217s.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 166

upguy

Dick,

I cut a small piece from a clear plastic window from some kit that was leftover from the construction of some building (probably a Walther's structure). I painted the red and blue using some of my wife's and daughter's fingernail polish. (They just happened to have some colors that were right for the project.) :D :eek:

Upguy, at a normal viewing distance that looks superb ... I don't know where you get the patience to mount such tiny decals.
Chuckling :D :D :D ..... blue nailpolish???????? I must be soooooo old!!! .. :D :D :D I bet they made you use your own brushes though? .. hehehe

Errol

C

Catt

Nice work upguy,got any idea of the brand names for your lightbar tints :D ?

upguy

Well, you asked so I got the nail polish jars to see it they had any names. The red polish was my wife's and I'm guessing it is probably about 15 years old. The brand name is Clinque and it is called Fire Poppy, but I'm sure almost any bright red would do. The blue color was my daughter's contribution and it didn't have a name, but the brand was Bon Bons. They both willingly let me use the small dab that I needed for my project.

For those that don't paint their nails or have never had any reason to consider the contributions that nail polish has made to the fine hobby of model railroading, nail polish comes with a small applicator brush similar to liquid plastic cement. It really is not hard to apply to the light bar of an N-scale police cruiser. (Just as an aside...it seems that a growing number of teenage boys are also painting their fingernails and who knows what else with nail polish.) :eek: :eek: ...but I digress.

I think that I'll post another picture at random from my layout picture's CD. Let's see what I get. I'm supposed to know what these are ahead of time, but it might be interesting to see what happens by chance. (I guess I can always change it or delete it if doen't fit the topic.)

N-joy,

Attachments

• mvc-210s.jpg
    mvc-210s.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 98