n scale Pittsburgh module

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by csxengineer, Feb 21, 2008.

1. csxengineer

csxengineer Member

Trying to come up with trackplan

I'm thinking of having the Edgar Thomson works as the main yard and hub of activity. I might do a single mainline, a continious loop around the mill, and 3 yard tracks that can hold 10 gons each. The loop would be a staging track. Scrap gons go to left for BOF. While coke & ore go to right for high line. westbound locals will go to retrieve loads of scrap from Bell, Keystone, and eastbound locals will go to Bluestone, and portview scrap. A commuter train will pick up passengers from Station square, and drop off at mill.

Birds eye view!

Attached Files:

2. fifer

fifer Active Member

Real nice job , as always. Sounds like it will be a great addition!

3. csxengineer

csxengineer Member

Major design changes & scenes

Okay, been a while. Room is 90% finished. blue walls, dimmer switches with blue lighting for night scenes, etc. Now it will be 2 layouts in 1. Chessie and Union railroad circa 1987. Pittsburgh scene goes in center, with a southside/braddock mix module, and since I needed a staging area, I built the Union car shops in the narrow area behind pittsburgh. Pics (lousy camera) show chessie heading west through braddock / southside. Other shows the 100% scratchbuilt car shops. Next module will be the west side of Edgar Thomson Mill, (time & money permitting).

Attached Files: