N scale hoppers

Discussion in 'Weathering Forum' started by COX 47, Apr 20, 2008.

1. COX 47

COX 47 Member

Here is 3 N scale hoppers I just finished..Got them in a box of N scale "stuff" No trucks or couplers...made coal loads for them and put trucks and couplers on them..I plan to run them as a unit so didn't change to M/T 's to save a little $...They are weathered with a "cheap" calk set from Wal-Mart that I got for a dollar..I havn't sealed it yet but that will tone down the weathering alittle...Cox 47

2. ScratchyAngel

ScratchyAngel Member

Nice photoshop work. Those proptotype hoppers actually look like they are on your layout. :mrgreen:
  3. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

Nice Job! Very nice job! (I can't tell from the photo, but are the yellow and white painted lettering running and fading? I like using either a lighter yellow brushed down from the yellow herald or a light grey/white color for white lettering to simulate years of rain washing down the car and running the paint.) Really nice job weathering.
  4. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Nice shot! I like the hoppers and the structures behind them as well. I've found that Dulcoat tends to really tone down chalk...and even I sometimes need to reapply afterward.