N scale caboose

I'm looking for an N scale bay window caboose. I am modeling the Erie RR and I'm finding certain Erie stuff hard to come by. I have the decal set for the bay window caboose (4 window). Walthers has a bay window caboose, but not in the Erie paint scheme. I kinda hate to pay $13.00 + postage to get a caboose that is going to have the paint stripped off as soon as I get it. Atlas, Micro Trains and a few others I've checked don't even offer a bay window caboose. An undecorated one would be great. I've been watching eBay. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Happy Holidays!!

railohio

As old as the Walthers caboose model is any undecorated models probably have been purchased and painted by now. Usually it's cheaper to buy a painted model in a road that was overproduced and strip it yourself than to purchase an undecorated model when it is first released.

~BS

railohio

I don't have any of my Erie or Erie Lackawanna books handy, but I believe the Walthers car is very close to, though not an exact match for, a couple classes of Erie or EL cabooses.

~BS

erie

what color red were the erie cabooses say round 1950,s .Im like you been looking for a bay window but cant find any so Im going to try and repaint a bay window

railohio

Have you thought to inquire with a historical society that might have access to specific railroad data on the subject?