N Scale 1970 Superbird?

Lighthorseman

Jul 24, 2002
Out in the sticks
Visit site
Well, even though I'm MOSTLY an O scale guy, I do have a small-ish (unfinished) N scale layout. Sadly, due to a lack of space, this layout has been put away. This does not stop me from still thinking in "smaller terms", as it were. The odd bits and pieces still join the collection, in anticipation of the day when space becomes more readily available.

In addition to being a model railroader, I'm also a BIG fan of Mopars.

After my long-winded intro, let's get to my question. In Scoobyloven's post "The Railroad Got Something Done", (or something like that), the lead picture contains a 1970 Plymouth Superbird. I've seen the odd picture with one of these in them here and there, and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me who makes them, and are they still available?:confused:

P.S. ...info on other stuff, like Daytona Chargers, Challengers, 'Cudas, Roadrunners, etc. welcome, too.:D

JMD3

Sep 1, 2002
Dallas, Texas
Visit site
The superbird was produced by "Racing Champions". The car I have is dated 1997. These 1/144 scale metal cars came out in a number of packages around that time. Many are racing type cars, funny cars, Winston cup, etc. They did produce some regular cars and pick ups. While listed as 1/144 scale, the Dodge viper is nearly the same size as the Dodge RAM pickup. I picked mine up several years ago when the line was longer produced and on sale at ToysRUs for much less then originally priced. I have not seen any in stores for a couple of years. I have seen some at toy and train shows.

Hope this helps.

Jim