N guage Rock Island Set?

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by kf4jqd, Jun 11, 2001.

1. kf4jqd

kf4jqd Active Member

Ok you N guagers:

Here's a question for you all. IS there a Rock Island Line N guage train set on the market? I would like a small one in my bedroom.

Thanks,
    Andy
  2. dbn160

dbn160 Member

Found the following on the LifeLike internet store page at this URL

http://www.lifelikeproducts.com/storefront.htm

American Workhorse N-Scale Nickel Silver Train Set - - - Was $39.99!

Stock number 407533 Sale price $35.99
    good through July 31, 2001.

Road Name: Rock Island

Features:
    All-wheel drive N EMD GP-18 Locomotive with working headlights and 3 multi-colored cars
    Hand-crafted trees, rural chapel building kit, and Police Station building kit
    Signs and utility poles.

It does not state whether track or power pack are included. My feeling is that at this price these items are not included.

eNjoy

Don Brown
    Tucson AZ
  3. roryglasgow

roryglasgow Active Member

The picture on the box shows a power supply (it's blue). I bought a Dispatcher's Choice a while back, and it came with the same little power supply...
  4. roryglasgow

roryglasgow Active Member

5. IMRL393

IMRL393 Member

Gee, Andy - that older RI RS-3 sure is cute ....

...but I better let YOU buy it - my wife might kill me if I switched to N-scale now after all the HO RI stuff I've bought !!!

Besides ... I've always thought of the RI as bigger than life - and definitely bigger than N-scale !!!

;)

Sorry, N-scalers - I know you are in your own "little" world !

- George

Who is glad they didn't make a IMRL in N-scale, or he might be in BIG trouble over a LITTLE loco !
  6. kf4jqd

kf4jqd Active Member

Thanks

Thank you everyone for your help. Jessica and I are moving next June. Almost 1000 miles! So, my train buying days are pretty much over. The only way I would buy something is if is a limited edition or on sale.

Thanks again for the info,
    Andy
  7. RI541

RI541 Member

Andy,

It does come with the power pck and track plus you get telephone poles and street signs,a 30x20" oval, two buildings,trees and the GP18.

I have the GP18 that comes with the set,I dont think it has a RI caboose.I dont think Life-Like has one.

Shane