Mystery O gauge Find

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Renovo PPR, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

I call this a mystery because it started with a phone call from my father. He left a simple message to call him. When I did my mother was home and dad was out. She was excited and said my dad had something special for me. It appears he is going to buy a train collection for me.

Later I talked to my dad and he is in fact going to buy a train collection for me from one of his friends. He gave me the number to call so I could check out the collection but dad said it was a vast collection with many engines still in the box.

I was a little taken back that my father was going to do this but after some more talking I had a better picture. The seller is a local priest that my dad is very good friends with. My parents have always given the church money when ever they needed it. So I expect my dads friend is in need of some money and this is one way to help him out.

Well I did call the father to try and set up an appointment to look or find out what type of collection he had. Just my luck father was in the school helping to get the lent fish fry started.

I will keep you posted on what I find.:thumb:
  2. scubadude

scubadude Member

Never look a gift-Father in the mouth! sign1
  3. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

It's kind of like Christmas all over again....:mrgreen: