Mystery Item -or- I don't know what this is!

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by MadModeler, Nov 4, 2006.

  1. MadModeler

    MadModeler Member

    Woo hoo!:thumb:

    Just checked out the link. Thank you very much! And to the rest of the gang, Thank you very much for your help!:wave: aussie
  2. Goattee

    Goattee Member

    It could be the remains of a packing hook used to replace the packing pads or waste in friction journal boxes.
  3. Will_annand

    Will_annand Active Member

    That sir is an old fashioned fireplace/wood stove poker. You grasp the rounded handle and use the bend end for moving logs in a fireplace or wood stove. In a wood stove you have to move the wood to keep the fire under the area of the pot you are cooking in.
  4. MasonJar

    MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

    The end on the tool in question looks wide and flat, compared with the picture jflessne provided. The little square openings in the manhole covers are quite small - I don't know if that wide flat end will fit...


Share This Page