My Yamaha V-Max Build

retunga

Designer
Jan 15, 2012
Planet Earth
www.watch_this_space.com
hey All

it has been some time since I last posted or started a thread, I have been working on the Yamaha V-Max amongst many other things that I will post at a later stage.

Here is some of the build photos of my V-Max model.

IMG-20120715-00052.jpg

IMG-20120715-00053.jpg

IMG-20120715-00051.jpg

[IMGhttp://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/quintin_cloud/IMG-20120706-00045.jpg[/IMG]

IMG-20120706-00046.jpg

IMG-20120706-00047.jpg

IMG-20120625-00035.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/quintin_cloud/IMG-20120625-00034.jpg[/URL]

[URL]http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/quintin_cloud/IMG-20120625-00033.jpg

IMG-20120715-00055.jpg

I will post more as I continue with the build.

R

Z

Zathros

Wasn't sure if you knew that by placing those links inside the box by pressing the little Yellow Square Button with the mountains in it, you could then see the pictures. Or, by changing the text from URL on either end to IMG, leaving the rest of the syntax the same, Looks great! :)

NeoThyrrus

Apr 5, 2012
Looks really nice ^^
That's one of my next project after i finish the MT-01 (now done with Engine, Side Covers and Tires ^^ pics to come for those last two in the my thread for it)
Keep up the good work ^^

retunga

Designer
Jan 15, 2012
Planet Earth
www.watch_this_space.com
Well it has been some time since I last posted pictures and also it has been because of other thing going on, PC crashed, other pressing work and so on and so on, but I am now back on to the bike model, here is the front light and petrol tank

tank_1.jpg

tank_2.jpg

R

Z

Zathros

I'm very happy you have continued to post this build here. Thanks!! She looks wonderful. I worked for a Yamaha Dealer when these first came out, and we had no idea what to think about these beats, until we drove it, incredible.

Z

Zathros

I don't have the patience (nor time) to build one of these. Every time I see one being made, I am in awe! :)

NeoThyrrus

Apr 5, 2012
Wow nice ^^ you're at the same part as me on my MT-01 ^^ even though yours look nicer than mine ^^
I had to reinforce some parts with toothpick an delectric cable :p (cf the pictures on my thread)

Z

Zathros

My lord that bike is BIG!! I don't think I have ever seen a picture of one of these that really showed it's size!! Did you enlarge this? It came out excellent, You need to get that in a glass case to protect it! Very nice! :) :thumb:

retunga

Designer
Jan 15, 2012
Planet Earth
www.watch_this_space.com
Thanks Zathros

The model in fact is standard size, I have printed all the parts on A4 paper and built it from there, in some cases there is a few parts that have been better if I did scale it up.
the one thing with this model is that with it been so complex is that some parts when you build them are built spot on for the sub assembly but when you put it together with bigger model some of the angles that have been setup do not work out, example when the assembly of the rear half of the bike frame that has the seat and wheel arch does not quite work out and I had to do some mod's to get that of the bike and one part was also a bit short in length.
The exhaurst covers really do not cover spot on but it is there any way in the right area as per say.
One thing that I picked up is that no matter how square and parallel you build parts you are still go ing to have parts that do not look right and the good old gentle bend and twist in the places that one does not see is needed with this model.
But as a whole the build has been good, very good pictures in assembly and so on, and in some cases with one building lots of other models you can get the idea what the part must look like when the instructions are a bit grey as to say.

Things that I have learnt take your time and work slowly, and on a devlepment side the way that parts are assembled so that they look correct in that of glue tabs and on has been good as well.

At the moment I need to find a good space to put the model, it is sitting in my study on top of a expensive wallnut box that I made years ago for my Lord of the Rings DVD and CD collection.

Z

Zathros

I have been thinking of grabbing one of the four cylinder bikes and using parts to make a 1960's to 1970's style Cafe' Racer. A lot of these parts would sure save a lot of time and no one could say a damned thing as the parts are available, all you have to offer up is the parts for a Cafe Racer. They can download the other parts they need! Something like the pic below. :)

cb750_cafe.jpg