My Yamaha papercraft attempts

Discussion in 'Commercial & Civilian Vehicles' started by zealousy, Jul 19, 2008.

is it good?

1. Awesome

2. OK

3. Got potential..doesn't show here?!?!?

4. Sucks!

1. zealousy

zealousy Member

Ok so I'm a newbie, for both this forum and papercraft. I absolutely love Sport bikes:cool: which is the reason I stumbled upon these kits and thought I might give it a shot :mrgreen: The R1 was my first and it is a bit messy :cry:. Then I tried the MT1 and actually got 100%. BUT, coming from the third world country, I had to go for the cheapest material available and thus ended up printing the kit at office (Don't tell that to my boss:thumb:) meaning, standard A4 and B&W. But I did a very minute adjustment with a matte blue frame. I saw some drop-dead-gorgeous models around here and I KNOW mine isn't close. But I thought I'd share it with yousign1

Sooooo..lemme know what you think:confused: Should I hold on to my new hobbie???? oh..almost forgot...Big hello from Sri Lanka (alright..go find your mapssign1)

Attached Files:

2. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

No need for the maps. Sri Lanka, an island off the southeast tip of India. Arthur C. Clarke lived there. Good tea growing area. Used to be called Ceylon.

The models look good. Keep the hobby going, but remember it is a hobby meant to be fun. I always take a break whenever it seems like work or an obsession. :)
  3. zealousy

zealousy Member

Spot on! :) And thanks for the comments on the bikes! Like I said, the MT1 is only my second ever papercraft. I'm still getting the hang of it! Well it definitely is a hobby :) I've got a job and I've got exams poppin up every coupla months to keep me occupied. I wish I had more time for this cos it takes a long time to finish meaning, my room is a mess most of the time LOL :)
  4. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

Given the limitations you had, that is impressive work, especially the recoloring. But, guard against relying on the opinion of others in making decisions about what you should or should not do in your spare time.

If your hobby gives you pleasure, then keep on with it. Each of us looks at our current effort to see how we might improve. I am building my first paper jet. Though I am an experienced modeler, I am still learning as I go on this one.

Sri Lanka...deadly beautiful women! What is the situation with the Tamil rebels?
  5. Tim Crowe

Tim Crowe Member

You are doing yourself down those are great models.

Try to talk your boss into getting a colour printer! - It's where I do all my printing

6. uglyguy9

uglyguy9 Member

nice work. keep it up!
  7. mooreway

mooreway Member

You did a great job. As others have said if you enjoy the hobby keep at it. Also don't feel limited by your enviorment. Some of my best works have been done when I was missing something and had to improvise.
  8. zealousy

zealousy Member

Thanks everyone..My confidence is a notch up already :) And Davenport, you're right about the women ;)
  9. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

Very nice work, Virajmperara. I found a lot of enjoyment in the Yamaha builds. It's pretty cool how all the main parts you build come together to form such a nice looking model. I still have a few to do (I haven't yet done the MT-1). Oh, your re-color is great, to. I am not so good with the paint brush and markers. Hope to see more of your builds in the future!
  10. zealousy

zealousy Member

Thanks CK, Well the recoloring aint that hard. Just cover the whole part before you attach another one to it! I only built these two. I'm waiting to build the M1 next...the detail on the MT1 is stunning but was a pain to build. I had it lying around for weeks on end without me even touching it. But it was very very worth it! Good luck with yours :)
  11. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

I see nothing wrong with the bikes, in fact I doubt any attempt of my own would come close, ;-)

As all before me have said, do it because it is fun, and keep up the good work.
  12. zealousy

zealousy Member

Thanks Sebert..I've gone on to build a few more since the MT-1...and I love the hobby! It's a lot of fun indeed :D
  13. atamjeet

atamjeet Member

Hey Viraj, Namaste... I am your neighbour from India. Glad to see these bikes. I must say, you have done a great job, and:thumb: congrats on your first build. Its awesome... Keep building.... The deeper you go in the world of paper models the more you will enjoy, its my experience..announce1

Thanks for sharing this pic, MT-01 is on my build list announce1

Currently I am making Yokosuka 'Judy' airplane.
  14. atamjeet

atamjeet Member

One tip though! The next time you make a model, do not forget to color the edges of the parts in the respective colours... It will make your model look real.
  15. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

edge coloring is key - however just ebing able to putthis together shows great talent! I did one and they are above normal difficulty :)
  16. zealousy

zealousy Member

Thank you gents! :) and Namaste to you atamjeet! I've incorporated edge colouring to my newer models. I simply didn't know about it when I did these bikes and also didn't notice it at that point! And the MT 01 was a lot of work in the build itself, I was kindda desperate to get it done!
  17. atamjeet

atamjeet Member

I appreciate the enthusiasm.....
  18. zealousy

zealousy Member

Thanks! Like my friend Toddlea says, Nothing great was achieved without enthusiasm! :) Cheers!
  19. zealousy

zealousy Member

A few more recent attempts, the 1300 XJR being the latest....And I know I know I was too lazy with the edge colouring on the M1....but the XJR I did :)

Attached Files:

20. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

very nice! I really love all the bike models out there.