my yamaha mt-01 in white

Discussion in 'Commercial & Civilian Vehicles' started by PaperAir, May 9, 2009.

1. PaperAir

PaperAir Active Member

I,m building the MT-01 at two times the size. I used the printer to increase the size. Picture 118.jpg

Picture 119.jpg These are page three.
  2. PaperAir

PaperAir Active Member

3. PaperAir

PaperAir Active Member

next page Picture 123.jpg

Picture 122.jpg

Picture 121.jpg
  4. zealousy

zealousy Member

Very nice. This is by far the most difficult model I've built. (I'm yet to experience the fury of 'pay' models) Will you be painting yours? or are you going white all the way through?
  5. PaperAir

PaperAir Active Member

I,m looking for an airbrush.I,ve addede to the difficulty by increacing the size.I have to put the parts togetrher then put them together per instructions.I have no clue how big it will be the cilender heads are4" wide and 3 1/2 high.
  6. zealousy

zealousy Member

Believe me, you're much better off at twice the size...further in to the engine you will find small details which will make you wish you had gone bigger LOL :) I recon this will be close to 20" long when done.
  7. PaperAir

PaperAir Active Member

my printer will poster a sheet 10 sheets by 10.I though of making one full scale but where would i keep it and the girlfriend said no way we have no room for one that big.It sure would have been cool though.
  8. PaperAir

PaperAir Active Member

does anyone know how many times bigger i would have to go to be full size?
  9. Ronson2k3

Ronson2k3 Member

Someone might see it and want to sit on it though.. That could be a disaster.. To answer your question you would need to know the scale of the model your printing out. Or you would need to know the size of the actual item your modeling. If you divide the size of say the diameter of the exhaust manifold port by the size of the real one that will till you what scale you are now. Then it's just a question of bringing that up to the size of the real one.

To get the full size one subtract the scale you are at from 100 and that is how much you will need to increase that size to get 100% or 1:1 scale.

You should do that from your computer though instead of the printer as the computer will let you format the resulting increase as well as tweek the print out so that resulting print is not just a pixelated version of the original.

Your engine looks great so far BTW.
  10. alang

alang Member

Just before the model was first released, there was a "teaser" advertisement on the Yamaha site which quoted a scale of 1:5.5, which does seem to be about right. You would need to scale up by a factor of 5.5.

Incidentally, you can expect your model to end up about 750 mm (30 inches) long!

11. PaperAir

PaperAir Active Member

thanks ALANG .well i think i can sneak the engine past her.Shhhhhh no one tell her.LOLsign1