My Y Wing - scale 1/72

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gomidefilho, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Gomidefilho

Gomidefilho Member

Hello friends!

I am showing my last project of long duration (Three Months) my Y Wing. :thumb:

The model I download of here: jazyk/language

Although the textures and the general level of the model are very good and come from the excellent add ons for the game X Wing Alliance, the paper model has some small adjustment problems and a total absence of fitting in the wings and naceles.

Several internal reinforcements in wood were used haul of the model was completely modified, with a great number of added details, as panels, devices, piping, I used copper, and electronic threads basically, clips, pins and different paper thickness to produce those details.

The panels came basically of more two impression sets. For who wants to accompany the whole process of assembly of Y Wing visits here: Spacedock Ficção -> Y Wing Star Wars - Costumização

This is a small Brazilian forum on science fiction models, he is unhappily just in Portuguese, but I believe that the pictures give an idea of the making of this

2. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

That's an awesome model right there! Great job! :thumb:
  3. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Thanks for this wonderful example of what can be accomplished with a little creativity. A truly wonderful example of what can be done with card models.

4. Toaster

Toaster New Member

Truly a beautiful build..Well done.
  5. Gearz

Gearz Member

Thats top shelf Péricles :thumb:

3 months = Worth it !!! :yep:
  6. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

:thumb::thumb:Fantastic Build!!
    Loving the pipe detail you have added....:mrgreen:
  7. Gomidefilho

Gomidefilho Member

The birth of the idea of that project, was to build a cheap model that it was the most convincing possible and that it didn't use plastic in any moment of his construction.

In Brazil the models of plastic are much more expensive than in other countries an old model of Y Wing of ERTL can arrive then here to 50 dollars. The idea was to do a model with a presentation as good as a model of plastic, and that he had a very low cost in material.

In this case I used Y Wing done by Sprintx jazyk/language / that was extracted of a mod of the old game X Wing Alliance, actually that MOD was produced by the people of X Wing Alliance Upgrade X-Wing Alliance Upgrade / in spite of the model to have some assembly problems (it fits of the main parts: head, wing, naceles, fuselage) he is an excellent base for this improvement type because of the textures very well done and for the fact that Sprintx offers open PDO's for they be edited and it was what did.

The total cost of that project was basically in balsa wood, ice cream toothpicks, scraps of computer cables (ethernet cables and IDE cables), wire and paper filecoat in different thickness. I cost total: 7 dollars. :thumb: :mrgreen:

The next model that I intend to build using similar techniques is Star Destroyer in a big size with Princesa Léia's ship anchored her.

8. Gomidefilho

Gomidefilho Member

Thank you friends for their words them healthy very important for me! :D

Firstly I apologize for the thread to be duplicated at the forum when I posted originally he was repeated without apparent reason. Then I answer the two... ;)
  9. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Well, I tried integrating your other thread with this one and when I pushed the "GO" vanished into the ether. :eek: I'm sorry Gomidefilho. :cry: I have no earthly idea what went wrong. :oops::oops: I'm glad your pictures are still here on this thread. This really is an exquisite model. Your creativity and craftsmanship are excellent. And you're really going to do a Star Destroyer with Leia's ship attached? What scale? Please do a build thread on it as you go. We'd love to watch you at work.

Elliott :mrgreen:
  10. Gomidefilho

Gomidefilho Member

Thank you very much for the attempt and for the praises! Without problems with the other thread. Well I intend yes to do a model of Star Destroyer of big size. I don't have idea of a defined scale still but with certainty it will be something of 1/2000 upward. I am thinking about using a model recently offered by Sprintx in his site, this model has 90cm of length but it lacks an internal structure of reinforcement, I am thinking or import the model for an editor type metasequoia and to add those missing structures or me same to extract a model and to do everything of the zero, but with certainty that project will be one of my summer works here in Southern Hemisphere :thumb::mrgreen:

Cheers from Brazil! :wave:sign1
  11. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

That does sound mighty sweet!