My work in progress!

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by CPRSD40-2, May 22, 2003.

1. SD90

SD90 Active Member

Ok, I ran some trains tonight and took a few pictures, 3 SD40-2's on the front, and 2 in the middle to get 44 cars up this grade. I followed the train all the way around, but only started taking pictures at the hill, I promise, eventually there will be scenery!

Attached Files:

2. SD90

SD90 Active Member

Here are the lead locomotives crossing over the back of the train, on what will be the lower spiral tunnel.

Attached Files:

3. SD90

SD90 Active Member

And here they are coming out of the upper tunnel, ( or what will be!) crossing the back part of the train again.

Attached Files:

4. SD90

SD90 Active Member

I skiped a section, but the helpers have been cut out, and the 3 lead units are enough to get this train to Vancouver now. ( Sorry for the box at the bottom of the picture!)

Attached Files:

5. SD90

SD90 Active Member

This picture was taken on a ladder, to get a birds eye view.

Attached Files:

6. SD90

SD90 Active Member

I am finding that it's hard to get back far enough to get more than about 20 cars in a picture! Maybe I'll run shorter trains.

Attached Files:

7. SD90

SD90 Active Member

This is a big 'S' curve on the second level, again, hard to get the whole train in the picture.

Attached Files:

8. SD90

SD90 Active Member

There, I just had to get up high again! I think you can see the whole thing now! This is the last part of the layout before it goes into the upper staging yard.

Attached Files:

9. jeffsauer1957

jeffsauer1957 New Member

Cable Guy,

Even with no scenery, you have captured what I believe to be 'N' Scales very strength in your layout and pictures. Long Trains battling the horizons as if you were standing and watching from a mile away.

And once those Canadien Rockies get built, ... we have a Championship layout here guys!!!

I am INSPIRED !!!

10. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

Strangely, whenever I see your layout pictures, superlatives fail me.:) Beautiful work, Cable Guy!! If I ever get down to Calgary....:D
  11. cpr_paul

cpr_paul Member

Wow...definitely inspiring. Think I may be asking you a few questions when I get around to building the new layout!

Looks great!
  12. davidmbedard

davidmbedard Member

What are you going to call this layout?

How about CPRAIL-o-rama?
  13. SD90

SD90 Active Member

I don't know yet, I was just thinking about that. Maybe the Calgary sub, or CP in the west? Suggestions?
  14. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

sure like those long trains SD90.
    looking forward to the time you start doing scenery with those spiral tunnels and all
  15. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

WOW!! This is some layout in quality and quantity. Beautiful work. Please keep us posted as you progress
  16. davidmbedard

davidmbedard Member

Im not comming over until you have DCC...

17. rcwatkins

rcwatkins Member

wow, this already dwarfs my planning of a moderate layout.
  18. hemiadda2d

hemiadda2d Member

AWEsome! Yet again, not to be outdone! I can hardly wait to see scenery on that bad-boy!:D :D :D :D :D :D
  19. MagicMan_841

MagicMan_841 Member

I must say that I am impressed. Wow!! I wish I had more than 16"X8' to work with, lol.
  20. Gavin Miller

Gavin Miller Member

It's hard to believe this is not a CLUB layout.

Makes my 3-module bedroom layout look pretty ordinary.

Then again, if "I" tried to do something THAT ambitious, it would never get completed. Still trying to find time to finish my existing layout.