My work in progress!

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by CPRSD40-2, May 22, 2003.

1. 13Mtrainer

13Mtrainer Member

hey SD90 any new progress with the new layout?
  2. siderod

siderod Member

Since Mike hasn't posted here in a while, and i keep in semi-decent contact with him, i'll give you a bit of an update. Mike told me that he doesn't plan on building a new layout in this house, as he plans on moving in a year or so. He's going to focus his efforts on that new house. And from what i've heard in our past conversations, it's going to be one heck of a layout!!

Shame the old Laggan had to bite the dust though :cry:
  3. 2-8-2

2-8-2 Member

It's a shame to see this awesome layout torn down, and that it'll be awhile before a new one is built. With such a huge investment in time and money, I don't know if I could do it.
  4. cornerhobbyshop

cornerhobbyshop New Member

I'm speachless, this one of the greatest layouts I've ever seen.
    NICE WORK! And keep it coming, I'm getting all worked up just seeing the pictures. Are you doing all this work by yourself?
  5. SD90

SD90 Active Member

Hello everyone, sorry I haven't posted in a while, been busy with yard work , building fences and decks!
    I'm all moved into the new house, and have even started building some benchwork for the new layout. (no pictures yet!)
    I was planning on moving in a year, like Andrew said, but I don't know for sure, so in the meantime, I've started building some 2' x 8' benchwork modules. That was, if I do end up moving, I can take them with me this time!
    To start with, I'm planning on building a big yard, that will also be a staging yard, industrial yard and main working yard. It will be on 3, 2' x 8' modules. The rest of the layout will develop from there.
  6. jsoflo

jsoflo Member

Well, I for one hope that you decide to really kick it into overdrive at your present location, your Lagan sub was something of an inspiration to me. After seeing it for the first time through the hundreds of posts and replies to this message last year, I ripped up what I had done and worked up a new what I think is better layout. You showed me what was possible with an N scale layout that need be no wider than 12" at times, and the courage to weather my diesels, o.k., HEAVILY weather my diesels:wave: ! So can't wait to see what's coming!!
  7. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

That took for ever but it was well worth it. I don't even know what to say about this layout exept GREAT, AWSOME, COOL, LOVE IT, AND SWEET.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  8. ejen34

ejen34 Member

Not only does that take a lot of building talent, but a lot of foresight and organizational skills....I applaud those skills, Excellent!!!!
  9. cripp12

cripp12 New Member

Do you have have a web page with all of your pictures.
  10. n2trains

n2trains Member

Might there be an update? or is there a new thread that I'm just not seeing?

and Mike, I have yet to comment but have literally been keeping track for yearS (about 2 to be precise). I'm very VERY impressed with the extreme detail you're putting in, and congratulate you on putting together one of the best layouts (with or without being completely scenic'd) that I have ever seen. Thank you
  11. SD90

SD90 Active Member

I have started work on my next layout, it is going a bit slower than I had hoped. I'm installing drywall first this time, so I've got held up at that point, I have made a few benchwork modules, and have started planning out the main yard, it will be good!
    Thanks for all the comments everyone!
  12. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

That is good to hear Mike.:thumb: :wave:

*starts a slow clap*
  14. SeanNEC

SeanNEC New Member

wow. i wish i had the time,money, and space for a layout like that! looks great!
  15. RailRoadedOne

RailRoadedOne New Member

That staging area is AMAZING! Is this the design genius of a man in his perverbial 'mid-life crisis'........ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL WORK!!!!!
  16. mcbane666

mcbane666 Member

He Did What?

I wish i had the time, space, cash, locos, and rolling stock. or even 10% of it. absalutly amazing. want to put some of that in my Jasper route:D?

AGAIN WOW this was the first page i found when i decided to get into this, and you have already surpast what i thought someone could do.
  17. SD90

SD90 Active Member

I have checked on this thread a few times, and when I'm at work, it gives me a good place to show others what progress I 'DID' make, now that the layout is taken down, it is starting to give me some inspiration to get going on the next layout. I see the number of times the thread has been viewed is almost up to 100,000, I wonder if it will reset to 0 once that happens?!
  18. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

Well the reason it has almost 100,000 views is because it was such and AMAZING layout

Can't wait to se the next one!!!
  19. fifer

fifer Active Member

Mike , I am sure that if the new layout is anything like the old one you should get another 200,000 even if it does go to 0 !!!!

20. BCRailer

BCRailer New Member

You say you are a Cable Guy ??? don't happen to work for Shaw ??? I am just saying that because of all the Moto boxes in one of your pics.