My work in progress!

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by CPRSD40-2, May 22, 2003.

1. SmolderZ

SmolderZ Member

Look what I found!

A full instalation guide for my z-scale AZL SD45! yes!!! :D

It's for Selectrix...and it's the only one I can find that is able to fit in my SD45, so it's gonna be Selectrix then.

...but on a other site I read "for all DCC systems" so I could use it with Digitrax, maybe? :D, I'll investigate.
  2. SD70BNSF

SD70BNSF Member

Digitrax Consisting

You mentioned that you would use one address for two locos in your yard. When you say that, I envision a small switcher loco making and breaking trains. If you assign one address to two locos, they both would respond in the same way to the same command. So I wouldn't think that would work for 2 yard locos, they need to run independently. My understanding is that consisting is for multiple locos pulling one train, such as a unit coal train. That way you give one command to that consist and all the locos will pull together at the same speed and direction.
  3. rcwatkins

rcwatkins Member

I'm still keeping an eye on your progress. good job! :thumb:
  4. Wayne

Wayne New Member

WOW!! Great looking job done. :thumb: Could never get tired of the photos on this board. :thumb:
    Thanks for sharing! :) :cool:
  5. SD90

SD90 Active Member

Re: Digitrax Consisting

I would have both switchers MU'd all the time anyway, not 2 seperate switchers. The smaller locos can't move too many cars around by themself.

6. SD90

SD90 Active Member

I've got 2 of the yards on the upper level reday for roadbed and track now, they will basicly be a passing siding with an industrial siding and some industrial spurs. Here is the first one, Golden.

Attached Files:

• 160.jpg
      File size:
      33.4 KB
  7. SD90

SD90 Active Member

Attached Files:

• 161.jpg
      File size:
      31.3 KB
  8. SD90

SD90 Active Member

Attached Files:

• 162.jpg
      File size:
      35.8 KB
  9. SD90

SD90 Active Member

And here is Field, this will also have a long passing siding, an industrial siding and maybe a couple of tracks for helper locomotives to be set out on. I'm going to put a station in here too.

Attached Files:

• 163.jpg
      File size:
      31.4 KB
  10. SD90

SD90 Active Member

Attached Files:

• 164.jpg
      File size:
      32.3 KB
  11. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

It just keeps getting better and better Mike. You sure have been busy.
  12. Agatheron

Agatheron Member

Wonderful to see the progress! Keep 'em coming!
  13. Arlaghan

Arlaghan Member

Wow! Great carpentry! Look at those perfect curves!

I hope you don't have any plans of selling your house in the future! LOL.
  14. SD90

SD90 Active Member

I hope not!

15. aartwmich

aartwmich Member

:eek: :eek: WOW :eek: :eek:

I just spent almost my entire allotted morning computer slackin time reading this whole thread...time well spent I might add!! Like reading a good book with lots of good photos and excellent commentary/communication detailing an adventure most of the modelers here can only dream of. I myself won't even dream of it as it's way beyond my but I sure will enjoy watching!!

I can't wait to see the sceniking emerge! You have a good start on the mountains, I bet they'll be spectacular. I see you have the cloud thing researched and tested. Though I know you are still very busy with track laying, I wish you'd paint that backdrop blue before you put up any more mountain foam!! ;)

Thanks for doing such a great job of documenting, you're a fantastic addition to this forum. It will be a delight to watch this story progress!!
  16. Racharg

Racharg Member

Soldering Gun with wire as foam knife?

You mentioned this pages upon pages ago but I was wondering if you could post a photo of your gun/wire set up? Any aditional tips on getting this to work? I've got a Weller Expert gun that's crying out for a purpose in life :)
  17. Cinnibar

Cinnibar Member

Some fantastic benchwork! Your progress is astounding, I have been having a great time watching your layout develop.
  18. SD90

SD90 Active Member

I got the upper staging yard in tonight, well almost, I need anoter 4 pieces of flex track, but it will be done tomorrow night. I used Atlas switches in the staging yards, I hope they will be ok. Here are a few pictures...

Attached Files:

• 167.jpg
      File size:
      60.3 KB
  19. SD90

SD90 Active Member

From the other side...

Attached Files:

• 166.jpg
      File size:
      44.3 KB
  20. SD90