My work in progress!

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by CPRSD40-2, May 22, 2003.

1. CPRSD40-2

CPRSD40-2 New Member

I am new to the Gauge, so this is my first time posting pictures, I hope this works. I started building this layout in March of 2002, these pictures were taken in January 2003, I will post more recent photos this weekend. I have all the main line track laid on the first level, and about half of the second, just enough to run a train up the mountain! Here we go with the pictures!

Attached Files:

2. CPRSD40-2

CPRSD40-2 New Member

Here is another one, I guess I have to post them one at a time. (or make the file size smaller!)

Attached Files:

3. CPRSD40-2

CPRSD40-2 New Member

The first picture is looking East,(in my basement, not on the layout!) The second is just a bit of a different angle of the first, this one is looking North...

Attached Files:

4. CPRSD40-2

CPRSD40-2 New Member

And this one is looking West, the main yard will be on the lower right.

Attached Files:

5. CPRSD40-2

CPRSD40-2 New Member

This one is also looking West, but over the backdrop, that is the 2 reverse loop staging yards in the distance. There will be 5-6 tracks on each, between 20'-23'. I will try to update these pictures as much as possible, I hope to hear from you! The Gauge looks like a wealth of information on the hobby, I'm glad to be a part of it now!

Attached Files:

6. K.V.Div

K.V.Div Member

Welcome to the gauge CPRSD40-2,:cool: The pics look good and it looks like you are well on your way to building your dream layout. :)
    What is the size of the layout, and what area and era are you planning to model?
    I am guessing by your handle that you are a Canadian Pacific Fan.:) :cool: :D :) :cool: :D
    Keep us posted and have fuN!

7. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

That's an impressive looking layout!
    Are you building all that by yourself?
    btw...Welcome to The Gauge! :)
  8. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

Holy Mackerel!

That is seriously PROFESSIONAL looking benchwork!! Please post your progress.:)
  9. jkristia

jkristia Member

That is one heck of a layout you are building there, wow. I which that I one day will have a room of that size.

Do you have a track plan you can post also? Great looking layout so far, and please keep posting pictures of your progress.

10. Matt Probst

Matt Probst Member

Great job!! Glad you're on your way to one awesome looking layout! Thanks for sharing.:cool:

Matt--Hershey, Pa.
  11. CPRSD40-2

CPRSD40-2 New Member

Thanks for your comments everyone, yes this my dream layout! We moved into our house in January of 2002, and I started building it about 3 months later. I am building it by myself, wich is taking longer to finish than if I was in a club, but oh well, it's a hobby right? I do hope to have trains running in the whole thing this winter.
    My basement is 28'x28', and it takes up the whole thing, except for the stairs, furnace and water heater,(and I'm trying to find a way aroud them too!) The main line is 300' between the 2 staging yards. I am modeling Canadain Pacific and Canadain National in the present era. I plan to run trains of 40-50 cars. 2 Kato SD40-2's on the front, and 2 in the middle will pull a 45 car train up to the second level, I have tried it already, I couldn't wait! I will try to post the track plan soon also, thanks again for all of your comments!
  12. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Welcome to the Gauge! That is one more really impressive looking layout! :cool: Always nice to have another n-scaler on board. :)
  13. Gavin Miller

Gavin Miller Member

MOST IMPRESSIVE!!! Looks more like a club layout than a personal one. Lotsa work there. It would take ME more than my lifetime to get it finished :)

14. davidstrains

davidstrains Active Member

all the above. That is really an impressive bit of work. I look forward to seeing your finish work, mountains, trees, structures, etc. as it grows. Welcome aboard:) :)
  15. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

I am pleased to see your layout pictures here at the Gauge CPRSD40-2. A BIG welcome
    That sure is an awesome layout you are building and it looks like you are getting a lot done in a fairly short time.
  16. SD90

SD90 Active Member

Hello, everyone, I changed my handle to SD90, it's a little shorter, and I have lots of them on my layout too! Thank you for all your comments! And remember, CPRSD40-2 is now SD90!
  17. MCL_RDG

MCL_RDG Member

Did I mention...

...that I am eagerly jealous and now more motivated to resurrect my schemes!!!!

Darn it!

Thanks SD90

18. SD90

SD90 Active Member

I'm glad I could be of assistance! I will post more pictures on Sunday night.( I'm going to borrow a friends digital camera!)
  19. SD90

SD90 Active Member

The pictures didn't turn out very good with the digital camera, they looked all yellow, does anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of that? The is lots of light in my basement, and the last ones I took with a normal camera turned out fine. ????
  20. conraildude1

conraildude1 New Member

Im not sure what kind of camera youre using, but most digicams have an auto mode you may want to try that setting. My other suggestion is to adjust the white balance on the camera. Just one more suggestion is to see if the camera has an adjustment for different light types ie: incandescent, flourescent etc. By the way thats a "great" layout I have to say thats one of the largest layouts Ive seen and done by one person no less.