my very first design c-47

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by yaniv, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Just be patient until you finish the whole model (which is not far from now~) I'm sure the result will be nice.
  2. fimdan

fimdan Member

About printing, it depends how eager you are to see your creation come alive:). I like to print when I am designing because it gives me an idea what is really happening with the model. When you start building it, you discover problems sometimes that are not obvious (especially when modeling without proper scale and not considering paper thickness). I think the best way to design a model is good and accurate design process combined with printing whenever you finish an independent part of your model. By independent I mean a part or section of you model that is not directly connected to other parts in your model. For example, in your case I would finish the tail and print it to see how it comes out and if it can be assembled without major headaches. This is my take on that. Others will give you different strategies. Enjoy building you model and find whatever works for you.

3. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

thank u very mach fimdan u gave me a way of think

i will print my parts (whan i buy some inc )
    and let u all know

also i like u to know that rick will make the finsh test built :)
  4. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

is that looks like a c47 or what :)

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      File size:
      450.2 KB
  5. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hi Yaniv
    I agree with Fimdan. Printing out and trying to assemble section by section. Especialy the first section. Mock up gives you to know problems those will happen to next next sections. For ex paper thickness problem on my U-Boat, when i tried to lay hull plate on keels position was shifted by paper thickness. I calculated compensation value then sizing down all keels of all sections. That prevents me for lost time on miss designing.
  6. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

we have aproblem

arealy big 1

i just found that must of my parts are not on the X & Y place

is u look on the pic i see the prob

any way to fix it ?

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      File size:
      387.1 KB
  7. fimdan

fimdan Member

Oops, you have a problem. I am not sure if I see it but it looks like you should have those formers aligned. I always make sure that everything is aligned when I draw each piece.

One way you can fix it is by creating a big "cutting" surface that will run through the middle of your model. Now you have to move all the curves to that surface. Start by selecting the "int" checkbox in the snap menu (bottom of the screen) and drag each part until it intersects with the surface. Hold the shift key when you drug. If you do it right each curve should "catch" the surface at the intersection point. When you done, you will have them all aligned.

I hope this helps.

8. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

i cant found the way to fix it :(
  9. 57townsman

57townsman Member

How can the parts look aligned in the rendered views but not in the wireframe?

10. barry

barry Active Member

Hi Janiv

Hope you can fix it but maybe it's a blessing in disguise with all you have learned so far it will only take a quarter of the time to redo and you will most likely make a better final job of it.

Keep at it mate whatever !!!!

11. Willja67

Willja67 Member

I took a look at the file you sent me and it's right where it should be. It's pretty easy to accidentally drag something so I dont think your whole model is messed up but maybe there is some stuff since you sent me the file that might be out of place.

When I get the chance if you haven't already figured out the fairing between the fuselage and the wing I'll give a few pointers.
  12. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

hi to all

sorry for the long time with no any update i just found a realy big problem in my model
    most of the point not conected right so i work on it for the last days and its realy slowly work
  13. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Thats all part of learning the program, Yaniv.:grin:
    On your next model, you will know better now, right?

It takes a lot of time and practice to learn this program, but you really only need 3 things to do it.
    A computer, an Internet connection, and a brain!

Apparently, you have all 3 and you are definately putting a lot of time and effort into it and it will just keep getting better and better!

You go Nobi, I mean, Yaniv!:twisted:

14. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

russell u right

but i am not nobi :) i think nobi works are perfect

the problem that worrying me now is not how to fix it (i wish to finsh it baaa)
    its how to not do the some mistake

i not found wher is my problem i just know the problem :)
  15. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

You'll figure it out, Yaniv. I am sure of it.:wink:

There is a lot to this program and you have a long way to go but you are learning fast.

I am impressed with your progress!

It is easy to see you have been putting a lot of time into learning this software and I have a lot of confidence in you for that.:)

16. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

good news for all

looks like i finsh conect all the point and fix the horizen of the model

after more than 2 weeks work on it

now i just need to make the surface again :)

pic soon :)
  17. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

We knew you could do it Yaniv.
  18. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

No, we knew you WOULD do it!!
  19. fimdan

fimdan Member

Let me bump this a little. How is your model? I hope you are not thinking about giving up !!! [​IMG]
  20. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

no no my friend

i not giving up yet :)

i finsh make all the conection and the fix like u show me

the model is ok and fitt
    i just not have a motivsion to play with him this days after the hard work i do on fix it out

here is a pic of the model right now

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      File size:
      309.3 KB