My very first build

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by smyfe, Jan 6, 2007.

1. smyfe

smyfe Member

Just posted a pic of my very first card model
    Constructive critism greatly appreciated, as i am very new to this type of modelling.:) :) Really enjoying card models so far and hope to improve as i go along. Now to start on the USS Reliant :-D
  2. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

Very nice! :grin: much better than my first.
  3. Clashster

Clashster Member

Nice lines! Very neat. How about a few more pics from different angles? Great start!

4. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

That's a fabulous job! And it's not an easy model, either. We downloaded it in hopes my son could do it but he's not quite there yet.

Did you do the articulated legs version?

5. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I did the same build with the articulated knees - yours looks better overall though :)
  6. sakrison

sakrison Member

A nice clean build of a challenging kit. You're off to a running start. Welcome to the hobby.
  7. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Lookin' good.:yep:
  8. rlc321

rlc321 Gundam designer wannabe

very nice model wish i could build like that
  9. RichBohlman

RichBohlman Railroad Card Modaler

Really nice looking build - Keep Up The Great Work!
  10. smyfe

smyfe Member

Thanks to you all

:grin: Thanks for the welcome and the ego boost, i would like to try the articulated legs and also double the size of the model, but i haven't worked out how to do that yet. currently trying the USS Reliant which i am finding quite taxing with my limited skills, but i will persevere and see what comes out.:)
  11. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Very good job...and Welcome!!
    Now try building it tiny!
  12. smyfe

smyfe Member

Not so tiny

:cry: Hi woodengraver and thank you for the welcome, i have seen some of your models on this site and have trouble seeing them let alone building anything that small. What you do to these models is not modelling, it's a work of art.:-D :-D
  13. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

You CAN do it. Just print again at 75% and build...then 50%...then40% then35%...etc. until someone's jaw hits the floor then you can stop! lol

It is all just practice for that really detailed deluxe model I want to build someday.