My trip on CP Rail's Laggan Sub!

SD90

Look at the grade as soon as you leave Feild, I think it was 2.4%.

Attachments

• eastbound.jpg
    eastbound.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 178

SD90

I guess when the tracks have snow on them, it makes for less traction, just like a car!

Attachments

• snow curve.jpg
    snow curve.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 171

SD90

Eastbound traffic goes on the right side, the grade is about 3% downhill, westbound goes on the left, much less, about 1.5%.

Attachments

• low road.jpg
    low road.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 161

SD90

Look at the tracks here, there is a long lead so they don't tie up the maineline or the siding.

Attachments

• neat crossovers.jpg
    neat crossovers.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 205

spitfire

Amazing trip, amazing shots SD90! Thanks for taking us all on a vicarious trip with you! I have to join with Clerk in asking how you managed to score such an awesome ride?

cheers
Val

interurban

Thanks for taking us along Mike.
I and every one else realy enjoyed the trip.
You take good pictures my Friend.;)

Wish I was there!!!!!!!

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Nice trip! Thanks for the photos.

That last shot of the track - can you explain that layout?? It looks really messy, and, well, "unprototypical"...;)

Andrew

Lighthorseman

Holy Coolness.

You lucky dog, you. Thanks ever so much for a king's ransom of beautiful pictures. They're so good, I just simply can't pick a favourite.

Did you take a video camera along as well? ;)

SD90

I did bring a video camera, I have about 1 hour of video too, I actually opened up the front door both times we went through the spiral tunnels, and got video of the whole thing! It's really cool!

Mike.

SD70BNSF

Video of Tunnel

Mike,

How about a Quicktime movie of the highlights from the trip? You could post a link to the movie. I'm sure that would be really cool.