my track plans

emt49

ok guys i have narowed it down to two track plans just looking for some input on them both and wich one looks better/works best

sorry about the images but i had to take a pic with the camra i dont have a scanner.

if you need to see the bench work here it is pay no attion to the riseres i just wanted to see how much room thay use http://www.the-gauge.com/showthread.php?p=133659#post133659

track plan 1

this track plan has no scenic diveder

Attachments

• track plan 1.jpg
    track plan 1.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 490

emt49

or track plan 2

this one has a scenic divider on two of the 4 tables bot not in yard area

on both layouts the yard is a small classafacation yard and intermodel yard in one some indastres are coal or gravel a lumber yard a pallet or furniture factory and maybe something else

Attachments

• trcak plan 2.jpg
    trcak plan 2.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 493

CalFlash

I'm really having a hard time evaluating the images you've posted. If you could provide a link or something to view a larger image it would be much easier. Try to scan it rather than taking a pic with a digital camera (which is what I assume you did) so it will be flat, not distorted, and uniform shade.

Normally, I would recommend a scenic divider but I'm concerned about being able to reach everything. Again a clear image might be able to reveal this but how deep are your benches? Is there access along the outside of any of them?

belg

There one thing I really like about your track plan and that is that you used good old pencil and paper to make it. Please let us see a better version. Pat

emt49

ok guys i will find a way to scan them into a computer but i dont have a scanner so i am not shure if i can but i will try :thumb:

"Normally, I would recommend a scenic divider but I'm concerned about being able to reach everything. Again a clear image might be able to reveal this but how deep are your benches? Is there access along the outside of any of them?"

calflash yes the layout can be walked around on three sides. on the 4th side its next to the divideing wood fram of the basement and can be reached. its a little difacult you have to reach betwine the wooden framed wall form the outher room in the basment. i have planes to put a bigger staging yard in that room
the bench work is 4 tables 8'long x 3' wide makeing it 11' x 11'

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
It seemed logical that your grid squares would be 6". Both track plans are ambitious,and look like they would support lots of operation. My only concern is the distance one would have to "duck under" to get into the center area, it's not that I'm old, or anything, just because I saw the first rock being built...........I, would have a problem getting under a duckunder that wide.

........... this is a pause while the author waits for laughter, I'm patient, :D
Pete

emt49

sumpter250 said:
It seemed logical that your grid squares would be 6". Both track plans are ambitious,and look like they would support lots of operation. My only concern is the distance one would have to "duck under" to get into the center area, it's not that I'm old, or anything, just because I saw the first rock being built...........I, would have a problem getting under a duckunder that wide.

........... this is a pause while the author waits for laughter, I'm patient, :D
Pete

the layout is about 4 foot high i am thinking about a stool with wheels to roll under lol

CalFlash

Just had a thought. You might download XTrkCad available free from http://www.sillub.com/ and draw your layout in it. That way you could share the file or do exports or screen shots to show the layout. Would solve the problem of having to scan your drawings.

emt49

CalFlash said:
Just had a thought. You might download XTrkCad available free from http://www.sillub.com/ and draw your layout in it. That way you could share the file or do exports or screen shots to show the layout. Would solve the problem of having to scan your drawings.

thank i will try it this weekend i have tryed the atlis on and cant get it to work so ill give this a shot:thumb: