My test piece of foam

Sempak

Hi all,

I haven't posted here for ages but I'm going to give the hobby another go. Currently I'm building a small layout. Its about 2m long but only wide enough for two lines of track. The front track can be seen and the rear is hidden behind a stone wall, along with some automatic switching at each end this gives the appearance of (multiple) trains travelling right to left without the onlooker noticing how they got back to the start point.

Sorta like this with the back part and ends hidden.

The photo is of the first test piece I've worked on in a while. Just a short section of spare track ballasted and laid on some grassy ground.

--Sempak
Chris

Attachments

• IMG_1762-512.jpg
    IMG_1762-512.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 199

toopoor

I notice a bit of ballast still hanging around on the inside rails, You should try to get rid of all ballast above the ties, on tiny peice of ballast can throw a train right off the track. Other than that, everything looks good, keep it up.

Toopoor is correct on the balast on top of the rails and will cause you problems. Also before applying balast on your layout you may want tp paint your rails for a more realistic look. Other then that its looking good.

Ron

:thumb: :wave: