My special reason for thanksgiving this year

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Nomad, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

Hello all:wave:
    Most of you do not know that I have congestive heart failure. Two years ago when my heart failed, My hearts function was down to 10%( Almost death ).
    Two weeks ago, I had another echo cardiogram ( like an ultrasound of the heart ) and heard the results from the doctor today. My hearts function has improved to 49%. Almost normal.

Sorry if I shouted, but I am really,

2. nachoman

nachoman Guest

Absolutely incredible. I am very, very happy for you. What did you do to get your heart back in shape?

3. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

Two things. I refused to give up and sit around, so I walk a lot, at first I could only walk 25' before I had to rest, Now I can go further. And I quit the booze. Actually, I also had to give up all salt, caffeine and I can only drink 64 ounces of liquid a day.

4. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Great Stuff!!! Congrats and keep up the good work!! :) :)
  5. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

i am SOOOOOO glad to hear that!!!!!! thats great news man :thumb:,good luck and NEVER quit fighting!--josh
  6. scubadude

scubadude Member

7. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

Thanks all. I am felling so good about this I celebrated by getting all my track ballasted.

8. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

That's good numbers, and the change is entirely to your credit. Keep up the good work.:thumb: :thumb:
  9. scubadude

scubadude Member

Are you feeling so good that you would like to celebrate by getting all MY track ballasted??? sign1
  10. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Richard beat me to the invitation....Great news..!!! Your commitment to not let it beat you is your greatest attribute. We can all learn from you.
  11. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

THAT'S GREAT!!!!!

12. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

Scubadude, no thanks. Ballasting is boring !
    Don, Gus and Ralph, thanks for the thumbs ups.

13. cnw1995

cnw1995 Member

Great news - though I am new here - I am glad to hear you are recovering so well.