My space

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by wedge, Jan 14, 2008.

1. wedge

wedge Member

2. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

Excellent work Wedge!
  3. gpw

gpw Member

That is beautiful work. Congratulations. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

4. wedge

wedge Member

Thank you all - I'm trying to do the big diorama - off course at first I must make the Moon...I hope it will be soon , but the Lunar rover have a priority...
    Sorry for my englisch - I'm a good listener , but very bad writer and speaker :-D
  5. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

Very nice, I like the use of foil. Thanks for sharing.
  6. Fabs

Fabs New Member

Superb LEM ! Great work, Wedge !
  7. dhanners

dhanners Member

Add my "kudos" to the list. Very nice builds, and thanks for sharing the photos!
  8. wedge

wedge Member

Thanks a lot :) What is Kudos? :-D ...Still working on LRV - off course I'll let you know if there is something new :)
  9. wedge

wedge Member

note : The foil is used from the package of cheese (hope it is the wright word :-D )
  10. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Impressive! :thumb:
  11. davelant

davelant Member

Wedge: What glue did you use for the foil?

"Kudos" is ancient Greek for "glory"; in English it is now used to praise.
  12. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

U-Don´s LEM and Lunar Rover Models

Superb modeling work, wedge!

Re. the Lunar Module:
    I am attempting something similar with thin gold and matted black aluminium foil, in 1:32 scale, on the same model.
    I especially like the dedication to detailing in your beautiful 1:48 scale model - for example the precise cutting of the gold foil and all the accurate antennas.

Have you seen René ('Harrier') Pinos´ LEM model builds over at

The first one he did, 'The Eagle' of Apollo 11, also had gold foil on the descent stage: - Alles rund um's Kartonmodell... | Galerie | Mondlandefähre "Eagle", Mission Apollo 11, 1969

and the second/latest is a two-model 'docking' ensemble with the Apollo Command and Service Modules: - Alles rund um's Kartonmodell... | abgeschlossene Bauberichte | [Fertig] Lunar Module & Apollo Scratch/Download 1/48

The Lunar Rover is equally beautiful - and the diorama Moon platforms are also very interesting and realistic. You´ve nailed the right gray Moon dust color. These are two real space masterpieces!

Very welcome to the forum, by the way!

All the best,
    Bengt in Stockholm :thumb:
  13. Nando

Nando Designer Extraordinaire

Congratulations, a wonderful model!
    I would like to build me too a LM using the aluminum foil because in the real one this is the element that most characterizes it.

Your example shows me the path.

14. exzealot

exzealot Member

Your English is fine and your models look great! :thumb:. The moon dust under the rover looks REAL. What did you use to create the moon surface?

15. wedge

wedge Member

Hello everyone !!! Thank´s for everything. I apologize for my absence , but a expect that the e-mail tell me when you reply :-D

I´ll try to answer your questioning

to Develant: It is usual "one-second glue" (I donť know the right word :-D )

to Bengt fredén : Thank´s for your compliment. It is very good to hear that :) I´m reading the topics about module now - so thank for that - it is very interesting :) I´m monitoring , but I never found this ones :)

to Nando: you are right - the foil i the alfa and the omega of this whole model.I must repaint all the model because my printer is very old :-D I don´t regret ,but I bought new anyway :-D

to kenlwest: It was my first attempt to build the moon surface - It is gypsum (calcium sulphate) simply stippled by water - the drop of water creates the broken terrain and the bigger drops of eater creates small stones :-D The color is simply black "water paint" . It makes the brown color after it react with the white gypsum. I hope that it is understandable :-D

Thank´s for all your replies. I like this forum more than the czech one :-D because there are modelers from all over the world (space modelers :-D )

SFME (sorry for my english ) again :-D