My serenity

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by NoneOfTheAbove, Sep 24, 2011.

1. NoneOfTheAbove

NoneOfTheAbove New Member

This is just a quick post of sorts, didn't think to take any build pics along the way...
    Just finished this version of Serenity from Firefly.

It was a nice model, though the neck has annoying bits that seem like they would have worked a lot better in a different order. I'm trying to convince myself to work slower and just be more precise overall, should solve most of the problems.
  2. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Looks pretty darn god to me! I can't help thinking I have to do a few landings on the sofa, uh,er, planet, to try her out! :)

looks pretty good. May be just the lighting, but did you color the parts edges before gluing?
  4. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Looks great NOTA! :D

I believe there are some issues with the neck pieces not fitting properly. I think a few people commented on that. I had some grrr moments there too during my build of it.
    Thanks for sharing the pic!
  5. NoneOfTheAbove

I did not... I was pretty much criminally lazy during this build, and so it was nothing but cut, fold, glue...
  6. MTK

MTK Active Member

I've got a model of that and the Mule some where.... I don't have a textured version though.
  7. F131

F131 Member

Nice job. There are some insane folds on this model but she looks pretty accurate. About how long is she? I like big models.
  8. NoneOfTheAbove

She comes out to about 15 inches. And ditto on the big models. I'm trying to find another ship I like that's somewhere in between this one and enormous Sulaco-sized ones to do next.
  9. F131

F131 Member

My friend, I would recommend ekuth's 3+ foot long Roger Young that I am building.....ah, very slowly.
  10. MTK

MTK Active Member

You should try the MKII Viper, or the Akira 350th, or any number of models, there are just so many.... I did find some photos of the Serenity card model I was talking about, but have as yet to find the actual model. Still looking.:mrgreen:
  11. Eyeonmal

Eyeonmal New Member

Brown Coats Unite! I am pretty new to this myself, and figuring out as I go. Can you explain some of what u mean by that, colouring?
  12. luciencarroll

luciencarroll Grand Poobah

color the edges where you cut so when assembled you don't see the white of the paper.

Yep. Either using pastels, markers, colored pencils, watercolor or acrylic paints; you color the edges of the parts before you join them.
  14. xingshen71

xingshen71 New Member

Very nice build!
    Big fan of the show.
    Thanks for the link
  15. Chilihead-Do

Chilihead-Do Member

Nice, I built the same model and yes, there is some weird folding at this model.
    By the way, thanks for the tip to paint the edges ;-)