My second weathering project PRR Boxcar

Discussion in 'Weathering Forum' started by railBuilderdhd, Feb 23, 2008.

  1. Here is the second weathering project I've done. There are details on the web page and I would love to hear what you think of the job thus far.
    My Weathering Project #2 PRR Boxcar
  2. steamhead

    steamhead Active Member

    Hi....Looking good...!!! :thumb:
    I'm just beginning to experiment with different techniques for weathering cars. What paints & other materials are you using..? Are you spraying the weathering on or drypainting..?? Any pointers would be most helpful..!! :mrgreen:
  3. This was an effect I read about here from doctorwayne but I can't find the link right now.
    I'm new at this as well and only experimenting with the different techniques as well. This was drybrushing with some washing of dark colors first. I'm now going to do some chalks and maybe some airbrushing of needed but not much.
  4. Herc Driver

    Herc Driver Active Member

    No doubt about it...that car has seen some good ole fashion Pennsylvania winters. Nice job!
  5. Site Update

    I wanted to let everyone know I've more my site to a server that I shouldn't need to worry about bandwidth. The new site is Rail Builder DHD's Weathered Rail Site and I'll be posting more as I have time to build a "real" site. For now it's simple html pages and some images.
    Thanks for looking and any comments
  6. I've done an updated page to this project and would like to hear what you think. I also updated the site so please understand I'm still working out the bugs on it. I started to weather this one like wayne has shown in a post before but I ended up with a problem with the powders and Dollcote but I think it turned out okay for now. Let me know what you think I can do to fix it.
    My Weathering Project #2 PRR Boxcar

  7. Herc Driver

    Herc Driver Active Member

    Nice Website! Great pictures. get to work on that "How'd He Do That" link so I can duplicate your results! That Swifts car really turned out well.
  8. Thanks for the kind comments. At this point I'm not sure I want to do anything more with this one. There was a problem with
    one area I was trying out how the powders would stick to Dollcote when it's still wet and when I did the test the Dollcote was to wet and I put down to much powders. The real problem was when I tried to remove the powders with the brush cleaner that was really turpentine and it washed off the powders as well as the color of the car. I then needed to cover that up with a darker color on the car then I wanted. Now I'm not sure what I can do with this model at this point. It's not a really nice model I purchased on eBay for what I've been doing, learning to weather. I may try to sell it on eBay to get it off my desk and see if it's liked. I wanted to hear any comments before I put it on bid.

    I'll get the How-To section started soon. I'm now working on scenery and some new rolling stock.


Share This Page