My Samaritan Gun Build

Sarteret

I recently joined the site because of all the cool stuff I just had to build. I fell in love with the Samaritan gun and from looking at another crafter's build. I started building my own just like Mousemuffin's .

I have the notion to build the gun with a real working trigger hammer and full mechanism for the bullet chamber. I am also going to try and build confetti firing bullets using those little red caps for toy guns.

I have started my build and almost finished the front part of the gun. I will add more photos of this later hope you all enjoy.

Attachments

• PICT0047.jpg
    PICT0047.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 27
  • PICT0048.jpg
    PICT0048.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 23

Sarteret

Regarding the Samaritan build.

You are right Mouse did set the bar very high. As per the superglue, well let's just say that I'm following the spirit of the build and use it on edges and multiple layers and parts that I need extreme hardness. As for the rest I am using white glue for all large areas at 3 layers thick and reinforcing wherever I feel it needs it. I am almost done with the first part of the gun an can tell you that the little tabs that round out the hollows of the barrel are a pain to get in and will be covered over and sanded well. I am not going to use spray putty like Mouse did for money reasons and am using spackle as you are.

P.S. Thanks for the comments will update shortly

Sarteret

Update and Progress

I have almost finished the first half of the Samaritan gun and have added some new pics.

Attachments

• PICT0050.jpg
    PICT0050.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 23
  • PICT0052.jpg
    PICT0052.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 22
  • PICT0051.jpg
    PICT0051.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 69
  • PICT0053.jpg
    PICT0053.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 29

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
It looks like you are off to a really good start.
I will be following this thread.

Z

Zathros

That really looks like a gun sub assembly, not part of a paper model! :)

Sarteret

Good question!

I am working on the second half of the gun as we speak. I got almost 3/4 ths of the way but my hinge point is all screwy and off so... Now I have to start all over. To answer your question though I was planning on making a pull slide for the trigger with an extra wide popsicle stick and a hinge point that goes to the hammer and then put the hammer on it's own hinge point. I have a clothes line clip that I cut down and have used the spring and assembly as a double sided pass point so the trigger can come back forward and reset. This is all in my mind and just a little computer simulation with some hope and prayer mixed in. I have tried to do some mock up but need the gun built to get the dimensions I need for the mock up so I need to build before I can tell for sure that everything will work the way I want. If it doesn't work at least I'll have fun building.wall1sign1

Sarteret

No, I messed the thing up big time and got mad and destroyed it in a fit one day. I then started a new job and haven't had time to do any papercrafting. But about a week ago i bought a papercraft cutter machine and am starting to get back into things. so hopefully i will have an update

Rogerio Silva

Pretty please with sugar on top...

Subcribed, and please: I wanna see that mechanism working!!! angel :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :thumb: :thumb: angel

frap10

I'll definitely be following this. Been thinking about the internal mechanisms for things like this for a while now.

Great work!