My RX-7 Drifting

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by AE86 Drifter, Jun 18, 2004.

1. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

these are new pics of my RX-7 drifting and way better pics of it sitting still. this is the same car i posted under bodies and painting

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

That drift pics sweet!
  3. driftsleeper

driftsleeper Guest

damn...that bodys real sweet man 8)
  4. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

hey driftsleeper i asked you once under another topic but who makes that body

and oh yeah do you mind downsizing the signature pic a little bit???
  5. driftsleeper

driftsleeper Guest

im not sure what maker made it cus i bought it off someone with a nitro and i just made it fit with my electric, the wheelbase is 10mm off though but its kool. how do you downsize the pic?
  6. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

The best way to downsize it is get a photo program. I recomend IrfanView.com. Download that, then go to Image, Resize/Resample. Then size it to about 1/3d the size max.
  7. driftsleeper

driftsleeper Guest

if anyone noticed...thats a nitro body riding on an electric TL-01
  8. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

I dont think there are such things as "Nitro" bodys and "Electric" bodys. They are univerisal that i know of...
  9. nismospeed

nismospeed Guest

nitro are larger
    190mm for EP, and 200mm for GP

8)
  10. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

But you can make 190 into 200... Not sure if they make 200 into 190... but every 190 is a 200.. just not vise versa...
  11. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

yeah man i knew it was a 200mm
    but so is that RX-7
    they only make it in 200mm so i just made some deep dish PVC wheels for it
  12. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Ok... im confused. When they say 190, is that the wheel base? Or just how wide out the body is? So the bodys would like up the same leight just be diffrent widths?
  13. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

190mm/200mm is the width of the body. all wheelbases are very close within a couple of mm so that is why wheelwells are almost always molded. the only bodies that have cutouts for different wheelbases are some proline bodies that have no molded rear wheelwells.
  14. driftsleeper

driftsleeper Guest

190mm/200mm for bodies is the wheelbase not the width.
  15. nismospeed

nismospeed Guest

its for the width...
    nitro have to wider to fit that huge exaust along the side...
    you can fit a 200mm WIDTH body on a electric, and get like +5 offset...or PVC dish rims

but you cant fit 190mm on nitro, the pipe will rub and ruin it
  16. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Ya... its width. I check on the 200MM Conversion for TC3... its just longer CVD's and Arms. I may just buy the arms and some hack CVD's... i think buggy ones may fit... or ill jut bite the bullet and buy a 190...
  17. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

why do you want to convert it to 200mm anyways??
  18. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

I dont... i was just finding facts on how to prove what the 190 vs 200 is. and thats the only way i could. The track i will be running on isnt very big... its almost a micro track...
  19. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

20. driftsleeper

driftsleeper Guest

nismospeed wrote:

no man...190mm/200mm refers to the wheelbase. just go look at a 190mm body and the 200mm body and compare them...it really is the wheelbase. nitros have a longer chassis-wheelbase wise. and plus, when i put the nitro body on my TL01, you can really tell the wheelbase on the body has too much cus my chassis comes up too short. you can even see a 10mm difference from the bodies.