My recent projects

foulrift

Bob
May 2, 2008
Phillipsburg,NJ
Here are two of my most recent projects.They were made from stainless steel passenger cars that I got in trade for a bulkhead flatcar that I had made.The one one the left is a diner.The out building is the kitchen.The other is a yard office.I put a platform on the roof so a person could climb up for a better look.
As luck would have it,after re-designing my track plan I no longer have room for them and they are available if anyone want to give them a good home. I hope this does not violate forum policy.If I did I apologize.Bob
Diner-Office.jpg

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Clever use of those old passenger cars! I've see a diner similar to yours in an issue of Model Railroader sometime this last year. I like both structures. We do have a Buy and Sell forum for advertising items for sale. If you'd like we can move your thread there.

regards,
Ralph

foulrift

Bob
May 2, 2008
Phillipsburg,NJ
Ralph-thanks for the reply.I believe I remember that issue.I think it was one of MR's special issues-GMR or Realistic Layouts.Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it on Tony Koester's layout? Anyway,please feel free to move the thread.As I stated in my post,I'm giving them away or a trade.They didn't cost me anything to build.Thanks again-Bob

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Yep! I did some thumbing through magazines and found it was on Tony Koester's layout in a pic featured in the How to Build Realistic Layouts special issue about Freight Yards. I have no problem with the thread staying where it is. I'd be surprised if you didn't get some interested PM's pretty soon!

Ralph

foulrift

Bob
May 2, 2008
Phillipsburg,NJ
Thanks Ralph-as a matter of fact I already got a PM about them.
To tell you the truth,when I saw the diner I wanted to build it. I already had the small building.All I had to do with it was to contour the rear part of the roof so that it fit the diner.When I got the passenger car,the rest was pretty easy.The yard office was fun to build also.Bob