my RC now totalled :(

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by vette_7t9, Dec 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

I bought a brand new 2 spd tranny, and put it on my RC. I decided to try it out......but then after a while the carb throttle part came loose so that the carb was open full throttle and the linkage could not close it. It went over a curb at near 100+ kmh, and smashed head on into another curb, then flipped a few times, and engine running at redline until i ran there, which was about 70 meters and stopped it. The front end is completely wrecked, the engine i thnk is severely damaged, the plastic gears on the 2 spd. are now ground so that one side of the gear will always skip when engaging (like grind instead of hookup to the clutch gears cuz its so badly out of mesh), body is smashed, gas tank i think is messed up too cuz there was a big spill, and one of the tires got ripped off a wheel. I think another wheel is broken too, i havnt looked at it fully yet. I guess this car isnt meant for me, i mean everything ive done on it, somethings gone wrong! Maybe its cursed, but i lerned a lot from this. I will buy a new kit soon, as opposed to this one i bought used. Hope i dont make the same mistake again. Oh ya, and the front diff seems to be pretty bad too since i cant spin the front wheels anymore......
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

sorry to hear that man.. Do you at all know what 100kmh is in MPH?
  3. nick1

nick1 New Member

got a pic?
  4. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

80mph. not bad...i would like a pic dude.
  5. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

hell ya we gotta see this messed u[]D ride now!:)
  6. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

heh ill see if i can take sum pics. the cost to fix it up isnt thaaaaat bad......but iuno if i should put the money into this thing, or just get a new one. the clutch bell is kinda wiggly now too lol.
  7. bandit1

bandit1 Member

i think breaking parts and repairing and fixing them is just another thing that adds onto RC. So if the price of fixing it is less than getting a new one, I'd fix it. An advantage to your "bad" situation is now that a lot of parts are broke, u can now upgrade those broken parts and come out with a nicer car in the end anyway. Buying a new one wont allow u to do that. jus my 2 cents.
  8. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

also let me add is if they have kits of that car buy a kit and then you will have spare parts ready in case soemthing liek this happenes again
  9. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

yea i might just buy a RS4 3 type SS now since i hav lots of experience with the nitro 3 chassis and kno what might break! I think that because the nitro 3 that i hav right now is in pretty crappy condition, i know that if i fix something, another would break so then i'd have to keep it in pieces, and never get to drive it. it was a second hand one that i bought, so its not too great. Also, i need a tip. my engine speed goes up and down during idle, like sometimes it would go very fast, sometimes very slow, but then mostly more fast. does anyone know a cure?? i think it might be an air leak? but i could be wrong.
  10. tfhughes_28

tfhughes_28 Member

100km = 60mph
  11. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

thanks for the 100KM thing :)

If the engnins is idleing high and then backs off I belive it would be the low speed needle that needs to be adjusted. I haven't ran a nitro in so long my mind is running off memorys from my nitro a year ago lol.
  12. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

ok found problem. Oh ya i rebuilt the car too. cost lots but wat can i do, cheaper than new. The problem is the cylinder head is loose. I couldnt even prime the engine today, and i thought it was kinda weird. First i suspected something was loose in the carb, then i suspected the glow plug wasnt tight. But then i found that one of the screws on the head was loose, and wenever i pulled the pull start, it would make a hissing noise and loose compression. In the beginning it dint show that much, but after starting the engine 4 times, each time dying, the hissing became apparent. Now i tightened all the screws and thread locked em, hope it works. Im gona test drive it tomorrow.
  13. _5150_

_5150_ Member

just let me know if it's that 2nd gear that's too fast for you.

I need a RS4 3 2-speed
  14. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

Umm......gear meshing on the first gear got eaten up cuz i rushed and dint set the meshing right. Now everything good, except need new wheel + tire for the front right because that one keeps peeling off cuz the wheel is busted up
  15. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

Hey i gota repairing a broken car, i learned how to replace things and why things break a lot faster than had i bought a new one. It was well worth it!! except im in debt $200+ to my parents.
  16. RockStarZeus

RockStarZeus Member

I spent 2 years in Germany in the Army driving on the autobahn. 100kph is almost exactly 60mph....Just look at your speedometer on your (real) car. 60mph is still way faster than my car tho. Good job.
  17. RockStarZeus

RockStarZeus Member

Oops! missed tfhughes_28's post about the speed.....
  18. nitrohonda

nitrohonda Guest

dude the wost thing i did was i put some yokomo drift tires on my tc3 and i smacked my tool box at about 40mph sideways and put my tuned pipe threw the gas tank! ouch! in wanted to cry but #@$% that gas tank was hella small anyway!
  19. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

check this out with my mini t I got a few days after christmas I already broke:

3 chassis
    3 servo hold downs
    2 front bulf heads
    1 bumper
    1 reciver/esc holder
    2 spindles
    2 front pivot blocks
    with my baja I broke off half the magnet in it but still runs excelent
    1 servo
    half way a extra set of screws
    1 tie rod

All for now but im sure something else will go wrong soon :D