my rant for the day

:curse: well guys it has been almost a year from the day our joy left us and we got some bad news yesterday. well hwew it is when we bought my sons grave we picked the one in the middle of a 3 plot set for me and his mom can go on each side. well yesterday i went to see how much it was going to cost for the other 2 graves and they told me only one is open some dim witted family put their father behind my son and bought up those 3 graves and one by my son knowing he was a child.the cemitery told me that the family will give it up to us if we wanted but when they called them the people said no and are going to put their son who passed away their. what pissed me off is we put a 100.00 deposit on it and they sold it to someone else.:curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: so i told the cemtiery if that is how it is going to be then they can move him they told me it would cost upwards of 30,000.00 to move him then i told them to put that person some where else and they said they own the site i told them how can you sell it when we had a deposit on it and i showed him the paper work he told he mony talks and that paper means nothing . i told him fine and left this morning my lawyer called him and told him to fix the problem or we will take it to court the guy told my lawyer we can do nothing we have not right to the site when my paper work say different. wall1 well i gess when it rains it poors and some people better look at what they are doing. what is going to be next they sell the other one out from under us. i thought we had it hard the last 9 months of his life . now it looks like one if not both of us wont lie next to him in the end i think that this is all worng and mess up ...

ok i feel a little better for know..
lawyer is calling a judge to day about this issue.

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
thats horrible!!!

thats horrible,i hope you lawyer can pull this off,thats just wrong! man i really dont knw whats wrong with people nowadays....--josh

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
$30,000 to move a casket? Obviously I don't know the workings of a cemetery but that just sounds like outright robbery to me! I can go rent a backhoe and have it moved in about an hour for WAAAAAAAAY less than that!

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
i still cant see how a cemetary can KNOWINGLY sell a plot that was next to another persons child.im sorry but its just wrong.--josh

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Well - Since I Think this happened to our family plot.. It's amazing how utterly messed up a cemetery's records can sometimes be.....

First Scooby - let me tell you, if you wanted to find another cemetery, They "Might" pay to move your son... and rest assured the price to the other cemetery might be way less.... and you might not have to pay hardly anything,.....

Also - in every cemetery around here (8 - 10) they allow caskets to be buried "2 to a grave site, one above the other" so you could feasibly still be next to your son....

Now - what happened to my family was that we supposedly had 4 plots in a square for over 80 years.... A few died and then for 40 years we all had a great life..... Then when my aunts and uncles started dieing of old age....it took the cemetery about 3 weeks to find the plot deeds :(

Then -- all of a sudden we learn that our grandfather only purchased 3 plots.. not 4.... Of course, we couldn't prove it, since He & his wive were conveniently deceased :( :( But his children, My Aunts "Knew" he always told them there was "Room for all 8 of them" there....

Last time I checked..... 8 divided by "2 people per grave" = Four graves....... Now there's only room for 6........

Really a sin these crooks....... but "Someday" they will have to answer for their sins........ :( :( :(

Let your lawyer know about burying 2 caskets in one grave and also asking another cemetery to see if he could be moved, for all your family's peace of mind.......

stormfather

Tht's horrible, I'm sorry for your loss and the manner in which the cemetary has treated you and your family. You would think that the people who oversee the cemetary would be a bit more tactful, all things considered.

Jim Krause

I'm sorry. It seems that everything in life now depends on money and there are sleazy people in all walks of life. That seems to be why we have so many attorneys around. Legal action seems to be your only recourse.

Gil Finn

Here you can lock in a price on a service and grave by renewing the contract yearly.

You will prevail, mean time write a simple but detailed letter to every TV station in town with a copy going to those grave robbers. Also name other family in your suit and it may scare them off.

YOu should buy the grave if you get the chance.

Cemetary sales men are only lower than car salesmen.

I am sorry this has happend to a nice guy like you.

Sometimes the calousness of people amazes me. I hope your lawyer can work a miracle for you.
Amen to that.

People can be real *******s!:curse: :curse: :curse:

(Pardon my language but stuff like this really disgusts me)

I hope this matter is settled very quickly in your favour Scooby. No one deserves to go through that kind of hell.

well guys i do know you can go 3 to a grave but only if you are crematted . well still no answer on the other family about this matter. i think this is and might head to court at least the lawer is doing this pro bono. and a good family freind. he got an order from the judge yesterday that no one can be put in the grave in qustion. till this matter is over. as for the 30,000 in moving cost it will be covering a new plot the open and close of that plot the open of the one he is now another service and the move of the head stone. well guys i'll keep up posted

COMBAT

Perhaps state to state it is different but here you can go three deep for caskets.

If you have this contract with them, on their letter head produced by the cemetary then you should have no problem. Does the contract with them expire? Is the deposit only good for one year? Sometimes the fine print and the things they fail to tell you can really get you in the end.

Contracts can be good. Doing the right thing is even better. Good luck and sorry for your loss and continued battle.

cidchase

Reverence for the earthly body is misplaced. "Dust to dust, ashes to ashes." The more important thing is to ensure that your family are together forr eternity.

Personally, my remains will be cremated as it is entirely distasteful to imagine them decaying in the ground. The ashes will go to my daughters who may sprinkle them at a place of my childhood memories. This task may make them feel a little better, as it is something they can still do for me after I am gone.

I feel that the extreme amount of money spent on many funerals is an attempt to atone for a lack of attention during the loved one's lifetime (NOT in Keegen's case, I'm sure), and to create the illusion (in my opinion) that they are doing something for the deceased, who, I feel sure, could care less about the flowers, the vault, the marker. Such ceremony is for the living, not the departed.

Remembrance and celebration of the gift of life should be the focus. This child was and is dearly loved and is now folded in the arms of the Almighty. Earthly contracts, lawsuits, "ownership", have no more import to him than dust in the wind, as they say. I gently suggest that you clear your heart of those worldly considerations, honor his memory, and pray that you see him again.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Wow, Scoob.
I hope you get this settled soon.
What the cemetery has done is just out and out BS.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family that this comes to a fair and happy ending for all concerned.

well guys we are moving on with this problem the family told us they will give up the grave for a cost of twice of the price of it i told my lawer that it is not about money and i am not paying that price for it when i had rights to it frist. i told him to tell the either give it up or go to court for it . the said we'll go to court. well we went this morning and the judge told the family they have no rights to the site and my paper work is what he needs to make that choice mine was dated almost a year ago and the family was trying to tell the judge they had it frist the judge told them where is the papers saying that. the judge told them it was worng on their part and the cemiterys . and order the site mine and order the family to re pay me the total cost of both sites and the cost of openign and closing of them both plus and extra 15,000 from the cemetery for this mess for a grand total of 21,000 and the site in qustion and the other site is ordered mine.

it is a shame that it had to go to this but i think it is a good judgement and they are mine agin.

it sucks i couldn't be their to see their faces but my wife told me they where pissed.

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
great news!!

:mrgreen: :thumb: that great news man!!! im glad those s.o.b's had to give the plot back.what they did was wrong and never should have happened.it real shouldnt have had to go this far but that is truly great news anyway scooby :thumb: --josh