My next design attempt - Blohm & Voss BV P.170

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Joseph, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Blohm & Voss P. 170 WW II bomber-fighter

Hi Joseph,
    I think you have designed a beautiful model! Thank you very much for making it available as a free downloadable model!
    I´m building it at the moment - I´m through with all the formers and wing spars, which I have mounted to 1mm thick cardboard, with extra reinforcements on the wing parts. I might make two additional wing formers because I´m making it from size European A3 sheets. I will now proceed with the cover "skin", which I printed on 160g/m2 semi-matte photo paper. The colours came out very bright and saturated.
    I´ve even bought four really good-looking metal wheels with black rubber tires in the correct sizes (not so cheap trick)! Perhaps I should make retractable landing gear for all the wheels as well... would be fun!
    I´m trying to decide whether to have clear plastic in the canopy or not - we´ll see later on... it should give the plane a more realistic appearance.
    This is a quite an original model of a highly unusual airplane!
    I like it a lot. I will display it next to the Junkers Ju-52/3m model from GPM (the yellow-green Mediterranian/Crete version), which will be my next (long-time) project (with almost 1.500 individual parts!)

Greetings from snowy Stockholm,
    Bengt Fredén, photographer and card model enthusiast
  2. DHL

DHL Member

hi joseph ,I put your model in the downloads section.