My newest progress pictures.......

Jun 18, 2004
barboursville, wv
Hello everyone, been a while since i posted progress pictures, but here are a few of what ive been up to latley. Any comments or suggestions are welcome, and also, the Kato SD40-2 in the picture is for sale, she's brand new with a decoder already installed, so let me know what you think. Thanks for looking!:wave:

Attachments

• industry1.JPG
    industry1.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 243
  • industry2.JPG
    industry2.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 242
  • industry3.JPG
    industry3.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 240
  • magic pan.JPG
    magic pan.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 242
  • new mountain.JPG
    new mountain.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 238

jr switch

Oct 11, 2006
northern Indiana
Steve---it's looking real good. I like where you put the turnouts and I'm waiting to see what the bridge will look like. Keep up the good work!------John R

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
It looks like a good start Steve. The only thing I noticed is that the blue that you painted on the backdrop for sky is a lot darker than the color of the sky in the commercial backdrops. I think sometimes getting the right color for the sky is one of the most difficult things to do. We usually tend to want to make it darker than it really is. I think also that if you can't match the sky in a commercial backdrop or you use different commercial backdrops and the sky doesn't match from one to the next, the best thing to do is carefully cut the sky out of the back drop before mounting it, and then establish your sky color and paint your backdrop with the sky color and then glue the building pictures from your commercial backdrop to the blue sky you painted.

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I like the futre bridge section, and the city section. the trackwork and scenery are really coming along. I'd agree with Russ though, the sky's a little dark or is that just blue colored posterboard? I think I see a seam in the curve.

jesso

Jul 21, 2006
Washington, Utah
www.thetechfamily.com
Your curved section is turning out nice. I like how your industries ended up. I am go to watch your bridge section with interest, I want to build one of those. How are you going to attach the backdrops to your skyboards?

Jun 18, 2004
barboursville, wv
Thanks everyone for your kind words, they mean a lot to someone like me trying to get something done. As for the river, i will take more pictures as i progress. And for the backdrop color being too dark, i agree, so im going to re paint it a more natural ligther blue and just cut out the back scenes i have. Please keep the comments comeing, they really help. Thanks!:wave:

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
Very good job :thumb:. The mountains and the bridge section are looking very promising – please post more pics of your progress :wave: .

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
trainsteve2435 said:
Cmon everyone, 12 views and no respone, i need you all:cry:
You've also got to remember that a lot of people just surf this site without registering. Therefore, you get a view count but they can't and won't post a comment!