My new website

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Thanks again! Dave, maybe we'll see you Toronto again soon - we missed you at the BBQ friend. :)

Jesper, that's very interesting information. I had no idea that pop-up blockers would prevent people from seeing the pix. I guess because it was a user activated pop-up or something. But since a lot of people use pop-up blockers, that means there are a lot of people who won't see the larger pix. I'll have to re-think it, and thanks for the suggestions.

Val

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Okay, just to show you how seriously I take your suggestions for the improvement of the site I have made a couple of changes.

Glen, I added a page to the roster for the F unit.

Jesper I have completely re-done the layout pix page. Now when you click on a thumbnail it takes you to a new page with a much larger image. This worked out well because it allowed me to add descriptions to the models.

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback everyone! :thumb: :D :)

Val

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
Great web site, I like F units, where can I buy some? here in ausie, N gauge is hard to get.
If you dont buy it when it comes out you`ve had it, unless you buy second hand, and the you dont realy know what you`re buying, and parts are as hard to get as the whole thing...have a good one..steve

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
Val,
this may not be the forum to ask this question, but here goes,what is the price (RRP)differance between the U.S & ausie, N scale Atlas SD40-2 $A195.95 this example is what I just bought. kato locos start at $235.00 and just climb from there. I ask this question to see if I could buy cheaper fromaU.S suplyer... have a good one .steve

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Steve, any place is a good place to ask a question, although you would probably get more response by starting a new thread in General Talk.

But anyway, here goes. On the Walthers website (by no means the cheapest) they list for either $80 or $120 for FA&B sets. Not sure why the price difference - it didn't say.

So, you'll have to calculate the exchange rate from US to Aussie dollars, add the cost of international shipping, and any customs duties due at your end. Here in Canada we get slapped with customs duties on everything that crosses the border! I've found that by the time I pay for the shipping, the exchange and the duty, I've ended up paying what it costs at the LHS. I guess that's why they charge the prices they do. :(

Val

Diesel John

Mar 30, 2004
Whitby Ontario
Visit site
Spitfire

Your bringing back old memories of late night trips to Keating Yard back in the 80's and of course they were never on a warm night in the summer. Last time I was there was to get an old 4200 Alco running as it was starving for fuel. Your site look's great