My new website

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
I've been working hard all weekend, and I'm happy to announce that I have completed my new website!

The old website proved to be too ambitious, trying to cover too many things, so I've scaled back and this one will concentrate on my layout.

It's called the Parkdale Yard Limit and you can find it here or by clicking the link in my sig.

Any and all comments and suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Val

SAL Comet

May 13, 2004
N.W. Georgia
That's cool Val, is there supposed to be pictures on the front page? all I got was the navigation bars on the left and text down the middle.

SAL Comet

May 13, 2004
N.W. Georgia
spitfire said:
Scott, no pix on the front page. Think I need some?

Val
The way you have the text made me think there should be pixs on both sides of it. IMHO, pictures make the site, It makes the page open slower, but I think it worth it. Mabye one of that Hudson?

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Hi Val,
Good looking web site but I too was led to expect pics the way the text on the home page goes down the center in a narrow column. Very cool gallery of proto photos for reference.
Ralph

jkristia

Aug 1, 2002
Simi Valley, CA,
Visit site
Looks great Val, But... when I go to the "Layout Pix" page, shouldn't I be able to see the pictures in full size (e.g. 800x600)?. In my opinion, 800x600 is the smallest size for a picture if you want to be able to see any details, e.g. I'm sure your "Lunch counter under construction." has some awesome details, I just can't see them in this thumbnail sized picture.

Besides from that, it's a great looking site, and I can't wait to see more pictures of your layout progress.

Jesper

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Thanks for all the helpful comments folks!!

Ralph, I'm puzzled. The type in the center of the home page isn't supposed to be in a narrow column, and it isn't on my computer. Grrr - this is what makes website building so difficult - all the different browsers and operating systems out there.

My ISP recently partnered with Yahoo, so now instead of having a regular looking website, we now get cheesey Geocities sites, complete with pop-ups and insanely tight bandwidth limitations. Some improvement!!! Anyway, I discovered the site was unavailable and took immediate action. I now have it hosted on a dedicated server, for a mere $4/month so you won't get that message ever again!!! :) :)

Jesper, if you click on the layout pic thumbnails, it should open a bigger pic in a new window.

I guess I still have tweaking to do, but that's why it's great to have other people check. I always miss something! LOL!

Val

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I'd like to have more roster pix too, I guess I better get more engines!!
Val, I meant for you to fill in the missing roster picture, not add more engines to your roster! I'd like to see a pic of your FA-1, since I've got one coming in the next week or so.

jkristia

Aug 1, 2002
Simi Valley, CA,
Visit site
spitfire said:
Thanks for all the helpful comments folks!!

Jesper, if you click on the layout pic thumbnails, it should open a bigger pic in a new window.

Val

That's what I would expect, but nothing happens, maybe it's one of these Internet Explorer / Mozilla incompatible thing.
Ha, I know what it is, I just tried with Internet Explorer. The problem is that I have popup blocked in Mozilla to prevent me from being flooded with popup adds. So, one suggestion, instead of a popup, show the picture in the same frame, and then have a prev/next button on top, and also, the pictures in the popup are (in my opinion) too small.

Jesper