My new toy

This is way off topic but I had to show it off. I just hope it doesn't take me away from my layout.
CBR1000RR_Black_Metallic_Gray.jpg

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
How much more black could it be?
The answer is none. None more black.

50 points to the first person to name the movie reference. :D

I'm more of a Harley chopper fan, mayself but that is a stunning looking bike. :cool:
Ride safe!

Cannonball said:

I'm more of a Harley chopper fan, mayself but that is a stunning looking bike. :cool:
Ride safe!

Spinal Tap.

Hehehe. I too am a Harley fan but I work at a Japanese dealership. With a wiz of a finance manager and the deal being cheap; I could take this home and get a cruiser for my wife. I am the epitome of riding safe...

Now if I can just fin the time to ride it.

COMBAT

LOL, our highway patrol is riding these things now. I think its this model, but I KNOW its this brand. And damn, that thing is FAST!! :)
BMW%20K1200GT%20%206.jpg

jasbourre

Cannonball said:

quote]

I've seen that bike in the movie CRANK. :wave:

COMBAT said:
LOL, our highway patrol is riding these things now. I think its this model, but I KNOW its this brand. And damn, that thing is FAST!! :)
BMW%20K1200GT%20%206.jpg

The cops in Riverside County are riding those too. It's becomming very common I think; that and Honda's 1300

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
I love to ride too but me, I'm more of an off road kind of guy - been riding since I was 7. It is street legal for those rare occasions when I have to pound some pavement. There for a while, I was riding it more and more in the city.... till I got hit. It was a freak hit n run situation but they got him. Then several years later, I was thinking about starting to ride it in the city again, and my friend got hit... broke his leg. Okay, I get it. You don't have to say anymore. It's not a matter of if, but when. I'll stick to the dirt from now on.

Attachments

• DCP_1149.jpg
    DCP_1149.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 111
  • 100K4900-1664_DCP.jpg
    100K4900-1664_DCP.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 114

jambo101

Nice bikes,i wish i were in a position to own one.after riding an eclectic mix of British,German and Japanese bikes for 40 years the passion is still alive but due to lack of parking my ride is now a Miata..

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
That was quite the road trip in that little Miata from Montreal all the way down to Tapoco, NC and back! Bet you racked up the miles on that one!

jambo101

Actually it was on the way back from a trip to Weeki wachee Florida to see Mom and Dad and with a sportscar a trip to the Dragon is always on the menu..

beamish said:
Nice toys. Here are my two.

'99 ZX-6R
2004- 49cc Pocket Rocket

262618997_16fd0a50d7.jpg

OOooo... Jeffy likey.

I wanted an R6 but I was too big for a 600, and my my boss wouldn't deal on an R1, or the GSXR750. He'd deal on a ZX10 but the only color we had were green and I don't like green. The Repsol CBR was my first choice but he wouldn't deal with that either. I took the Black CBR because according to my friend in finance, Honda was the only one that was going to give me the money and it was such a sweet deal. I had to deal with Polaris to buy my wife a cruiser because in order to get what I wanted; I had to get her what she wanted. Compromise.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
COMBAT said:
[/IMG]

Ponch: Man I really hate these new bikes! The bugs are getting embeded in my flesh and that really turns the girls off!

John: Yeah but we can actually catch the criminals now!

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
I know this is a train forum but I'm really enjoying seeing the toys of other model railroad enthusiasts! You could validify it by saying we need the toys to chase down the trains! I'm like'n this! Let's see some more of your toys! I'm still hoping to meet someone on here that has an AC Shelby Cobra (original or replica)!

Russ Bellinis

My other toy is a 1987 Pontiac Trans Am. The back seat is useless for people, but with it folded, my wife and I have enough room for sall the luggage we need for any 2 week trip. It handles great, and with a 350 & 5 speed, it goes pretty good too.

iis612

Cannonball said:
Ponch: Man I really hate these new bikes! The bugs are getting embeded in my flesh and that really turns the girls off!

John: Yeah but we can actually catch the criminals now!

Ponch: That may be buddy, but we can't draw our guns for anything!

John: I know, it must be crazy glue...

beamish

HO & Steam Engineer
ride

J. Steffen said:
OOooo... Jeffy likey.

I wanted an R6 but I was too big for a 600, and my my boss wouldn't deal on an R1, or the GSXR750. He'd deal on a ZX10 but the only color we had were green and I don't like green. The Repsol CBR was my first choice but he wouldn't deal with that either. I took the Black CBR because according to my friend in finance, Honda was the only one that was going to give me the money and it was such a sweet deal. I had to deal with Polaris to buy my wife a cruiser because in order to get what I wanted; I had to get her what she wanted. Compromise.
Ya i have outgrown the 600 and am looking at upgrading next year. You always want MORE POWER right ;) ? I will probably go with the GSXR-1000 in a yellow and black paint. I just love that new pentagon tail pipe they came out with in '05. Plus the Beamish Suzuki's were yellow and black and i could do some nice custom detailing. (See link http://www.suzukicycles.org/Beamish/Beamish_brochures.shtml )

Anyway i got about 2 feet of snow on the bike shed and the roads are a tad icy so until spring i can only dream of riding.

Peace Out,

Mike Beamish