My new toy

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by shamus, Apr 19, 2005.

1. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi all, been a while. nice to see some new members as well.

My new toy is a camera, the Canon 350D Rebel. Here's a few shots from this little beauty.

2. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Wow Paul, not only the clearest shots I've ever seen, but the subject matter is outstanding. Typical of you work I might add.:thumb:

Eveything in the pics are sharp and in focus. Man, now I've got something else to be envious of you for, first your talent, now your camera...:D:D:D:D
  3. CN1

CN1 Active Member

Beautiful as always Shamus :thumb: :thumb:

Great pics , thanks for sharing:wave:
  4. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

's been a fair decent length of time since your work's been here to enjoy, and a welcome sight it is!
    Hope things are going well at all model railroads. I don't get much computer time any more, and spend most of it here, so I've been out of touch.
    Your "new toy" seems up to the task of presenting your work, look forward to more pics when you can post 'em here.
    You're missed here, good friend, you're missed here........
  5. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Great photos Paul. The depth of field really show the details well.
  6. JBBVry

JBBVry Member

what scale is that? looks great.
  7. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

that's On30.
  8. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Great Photo's Paul. Camera sure does take nice pictures :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  9. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Hi Shamus. I spotted Model Railroading at the book store and said to my wife "I know who's modelling that is!". You have developed a distinctive look.
  10. cabdriver

cabdriver Member

I've been trying to take some pics of our progress and have been frustrated with our camera's ability to focus on close up items (like model railroads). Somethings are in focus but other are way out. I'm impressed with the clarify of the whole field in your pictures. Nice pics.
  11. cabdriver

cabdriver Member

By the way, Shamus, were those pics shot with or without flash, and in daylight or artificial light? Digital zoom or only optical zoom?

- Cabdriver
  12. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Thanks folks,

The photos were all shot using Daylight Fluorescent Tubes with the camera set at f22 and a 5 second delay. standard 18-55mm lens.

13. railohio

railohio Active Member

I can't believe I'm the first to ask this as an SLR is worthless without a lens...

What glass you get to go with it? :D
  14. 70Runner

70Runner Member

Those pics are sweet! Was that the lens that comes with the camera? :)
  15. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi and thanks again.

The lens which came with the camera is the 16-55mm I have just got the Cokin system to go with it as well, so I can use more filters and a X4 closeup lens.

16. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Great modeling, and pictures just as good to let us see it!! That's quite a logging operation going on-makes my back hurt just to see those guys swinging axes!
    What's that little kettle steamer with the platform cab pulling that cut of cars?
    I love it!!
  17. S 3/6

S 3/6 Member

Freakin amazing mate! Can you fly out to Arizona and build my layout?

You are good.
  18. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi and many thanks once again.

If you pay my fare, ---LOL ---- I'll be over.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Gus, That little kettle steamer started out life as a Porter (Bachmann) 0-4-2. here's a better view of the critter.

19. S 3/6

S 3/6 Member

I would Shamus, but then my entire RR Budget would go to that!! Best of wishes and keep posing pics!
  20. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Oh wow!!!
    I want one..! How did you do the conversion?? This merits an article in MR!
    Good show!