My new Star Wars Build

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by DarthPineapple, Oct 6, 2007.

1. First off, Sorry if this is the wrong sub-forum. I have no idea in which sub-forum this should go.

Well, here's my idea: I'm gonna build sprintx's Ship Yard, and then I add my personal touches. After that, I'm going to rescale some other models, and place them into the hangas and such. Maybe I can find some way to make the models 'under construction'. To give you an idea, look at this picture:

A bit like there shipyards, but than with sprintx's shipyard model. I will start tomorrow (I think) and I shall post pictures of the progress. Does anyone have some tips/ tricks? Thanks in advance! :thumb:
  2. Update #1

Completed the base. Here are the pictures:
    1 2 3

The problem is that you always see a small white part of the flap. Can anyone please give me a tip or trick to solve this? Please? Thanks in advance!
  3. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

I've encountered the same problem. I do three things as I'm building to counter this:

1: When you're scribing in the middle of the part, try to get the center of the black dotted line, but when you scribe flaps get as close to the colored part as possible. This makes the part slightly smaller an allows the panels to come closer together.

2: On smaller parts like that one I try to get the whole thing glued together at once, so I can rely on the joints themselves to help hold the part together. Also you can put pressure on the part to make it hide the flaps better.

3: Color the flaps and edges black or grey to blend them in with the rest of the panel(or since you're using Pepakura, tell it to change the color of the flaps from stark white to the color of the surrounding panels. It's the "Color Flaps with Neighboring Faces" button, which looks like a red marker over a blue piece of paper in Pepakura Viewer v. 2.0).

One more thing: the large fin on the bottom is made of two intersecting boxes. One of them will have to be cut apart to fit the other, so don't forget to do that before you assemble them.
  4. sprintx

sprintx Member

cool i played both of empire at war and this model will be good part to any dioramas. and that white place, try to change the angle or try to color the flap.
  5. Thanks. I try this is my next model.

Well I printed 2 of that pages, because I'm also uzing 4 of thos small hangars, so I just make my own version.
  6. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

This looks good.

Sprintx, have you found a way to extract meshes and textures from Empire at War?? I wanted to do that a while back but could find no info on it at the time. This was shortly after the game released here in the UK.

7. I don't know much of it but when you can find the 3D models in the game then I think you can convert it into pepakura. I would love to see a tartan patrol cruiser or some pirate stuff! And even the most amazing would be the Sundered Heart!!!
  8. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

The game looked awesome, the meshes and textures too. Plus as you played both in space and on a planet surface, there's a lot to choose from if there's a way to get to those meshes.
  9. Yes, some nice ground verhicles would be the TIE Mauler (better than the one that is on the web now), the Rebel Tanks or even some buildings.
  10. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

ive been tryin for a while to figure out how to extract the models but all i found was a veiwer.they are AOL files and MEG files. i was going to scratch build some of the ships in plastic at one time.
  11. sprintx

sprintx Member

game extractor extract .MEG files, but i cant find that textures. Darth Pinneaple where u got textures for kuat shipy? Thankyyyy lot for answer!!!
  12. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Maybe someone here would be willing to make new, more detailed models(the ones in the game aren't that good to be honest) of the Empire at War ships/vehicles. Heck, I might even be willing to try it tomorrow; I've got the evening off after about 10:45. Same way on Fridays, only I get off at around 9:00.
  13. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i plan to but i got 2 major projects goin i gotta finish before i start another.
  14. It is your Ship Yard model!! I just edit it with parts from other models, and then I add ships. I just say it's from Kuat because there are many ship yards there in aal diffrent size's.
  15. sprintx

sprintx Member

16. Finnaly time to finish and make pictures, and then I don't even like what I made :(

1 2 3

the small white craft is Sprintx's Lambda Class Shuttle.